Not good, not good at all

by lola28 60 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Hi guys,
    Sorry to burden you all with this but I really have no one that I want to talk about this with, I'm afraid that I will burst into tears and wont be able to stop if I call any of my friends and tell them what's going on. My little sister has been ill with a fever for three weeks, her doctor kept telling her it was just a bad case of the flu and that she had an ear infection, he gave her antibiotics and sent her home. A week later she still had a fever, at this point she was taking the antibiotics and a combination of Motrin and Tylenol to help with the fever, nothing helped and she went to our local ER, they gave her liquids and took some blood tests and everything seemed ok, she did have low blood sugar (but she had not been eating at all) and they said she had anemia but they let her go home and told her to follow up with her doctor.

Long story short this is the third week that she has been ill with a fever, she has lost 15 pounds, is not eating and has a hard time just getting up from bed, she has no energy and to make things worse she started throwing up blood. Last night we took her to the children’s hospital in Los Angeles, they saw her right away and began to do all the regular blood work, finally around midnight a doctor came in and spoke with us, her blood tests showed that she has a really, really low count of both white and red blood cells. The doctor went on to explain that we could be dealing with cancer or another autoimmune disease. They admitted her to the hospital and she is in isolation, no one but my mom and I can go in and see her.

I have not slept at all, I went home at six am and was so tired I forgot where the car was parked and the way to the freeway, I'm scared for my sister. I'm trying to be positive but it's hard after hearing what the doctor had to say and just looking at her I can tell that something is very wrong with her.
    Please guys keep her in your thoughts, she is only thirteen and should not be dealing with this, I would give anything to have it be me rather than her.

• daystar
    daystar

OMG Lo!! I'm sorry to hear this. You'll both be in my thoughts.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

(((lola))) so sorry you and your sister are having to deal with this. Do I remember correctly that you posted about her health a few weeks ago?

Wishing for the best and sending you good thoughts, Six

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((((((((lola & Sis))))))))))))))))

I would give anything to have it be me rather than her.

Awe that made me sigh.....spoken like a true big sister. My positive healing thoughs are with your sister. Maybe we could add her to our Tuesday visual?

Big hugs sweetie!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I am so sorry to hear about your little sister. You are right, she should not have to go through that. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I can relate because my little sister ( I am 31...and she is 21) fell off a bridge.....over 60 feet high and went through a-lot to recover. I would have traded her places too. ((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))

• bebu
    bebu

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((LOLA))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Dear girl, I want you to know how sorry I am to hear about your little sister. This really breaks my heart. 13 is so young, and you love her so very much. That is a lot of anxiety and sorrow for you both to carry.

I pray that she will find a way back to health. I'm grateful she has you to care for her at this time, although it's a very hard place to be, I know.

((((((HUGS)))))

bebu

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I know we aren't talking, but if you need someone to talk to, this is more important than us fighting. I will be hear to listen, you have my number. (((Lola))) I am so sorry for what is happening to your family and your sister. If you need anything please let me know! I love you!

• becca1
    becca1

I am so sorry. I hope they find what's wrong quicky so they can help her. Medical science has come a long way. Cancer is not the life sentence it used to be. As an only child I am always in awe (and a little jealous) of relashionships among siblings.

Hang in there, and take care of yourself too.

I'll be thinking of you.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sorry to hear she's sick.

Back in the late 1980's I was sick for over a month with a fever, the runs, and coughing. I also lost about 15 pounds. I went through 3 different antibiotics during that time, and the doc sent me to the hospital when she found my blood pressure and heart rate were too high, and my throat swollen almost shut from coughing. The hospital gave me a third round of antibiotics and an inhaler and sent me home. I recovered, but to this day I don't know what it was.

I hope she gets better soon.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

((((((((((lola)))))))))))

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I hope everything turns out right in the end, and you will both be in my thoughts.

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit