Kingdom Melodies and Hidden Messages

by inbyathread 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I have often thought about how the songs programmed us. There was the one about how the anointed would be "ever faithful," meaning they never could go against Jehovah. Then there was the one "Displaying Loyalty:"

"To God's loyal congregation,

We too will show loyalty,

Give it our steadfast allegiance,

even in adversity.

Faithfully we'll guard its int'rests,

Never let them suffer harm.

Should we see that they are threatened,

We will quickly sound alarm."

I guess that means, tell on your friends and family if they ever question the Watchtower.

• awol
    awol

Sorry to do this but I'm sure (cos we used to giggle bout it) that We're Jehovah's Witnesses was SONG 69!!! Ha ha ha..... well they like to talk about sex all the time!

There's another one which made me and my mum smirk.... something about "vigor and vim" . In the UK they are cleaning products .... don't ask us why it just made us laugh everytime.

Our piano player was good but the piano was well out of tune! It was really funny. When they decided to use the tapes they would always go wrong! Oh I am pmsl now!

.... how about "ours is the god of true prophecyeeeeeee , what he fortells comes to beeeeeeeeeee"

• Hells Fairey
    Hells Fairey
    There has been talk about WT imagery and the use of subtle hypnotism during meetings.

I knew there had got to be a reason why i kept falling asleep...lol..

• Hells Fairey
    Hells Fairey

"I Want too"...Used to make me cringe, with the high pitchedness, i used to laugh, and pretend to sing half the time, or change the words to funny ones, only to get a sharp clip round the ear from my mom that i didnt realise was listerning..

In our hall it seemed to be a competition of who could sing the loudest. And make the last word last the longest.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    LOL! Gee, thanks for getting "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" stuck in my head today.

HHHAAAAA!! Now it's stuck in my head and I can't get it out!! Someone shoot me, PLEASE!!!

• Mr. Kim
  • Borgia
    Borgia

Most of the lyrics are aimed at centering the org, centering preaching and being submisive. It´s a pity Theo Van Gogh is dead.......

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit