Kingdom Melodies and Hidden Messages

by inbyathread 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

These songs had numbers and few payed attention to the titles. How meaningful it was!

If you sing them again and again and again and again and again and again, you will remember them.

And thus we have. Many of those songs were attatched to emotional periods in our lives, deaths, births, disfellowshipings, and very enjoyable reunions. There were meetings that came at the right time for emotional support at some low point in our life.

Its was the soundtrack of our lives.

Now it is white noise and simple.

W.Once

"Laud our God, laud Jehovah God." (well, nevermind.)

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

So I 'm at this superbowl party at least 12 yrs ago and one of my xjw freinds was also there and the fact came up that we were jws once. Then this other guy claims to have been one also. My buddy and myself thought no way as this guy had attended west point. So we called him on his statement and he began to sing " from house to house from door to door " He wasn't bs-ing

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

There was one particularly stupid song about Unity and how it is like the "Dew".

I always used to cringe when this song was played.

LHG

• sir82
    sir82

You think "unity like dew" is bad?

How about the song that includes the immortal line "...like bees that were molested"? WTF?!?

And then it's not bad enough that that tortured phraseology is used, the next line continues to draw attention to it: "But we can ever beat them off..."

The music is insipid, the lyrics strained in just about every song, but that one takes the cake!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    "I'd like to invite you all to stand, if you're able and open your songbooks to song number....."

You just brought back some terrible childhood memories, thanks! But when I was still going, my best friends mom played the piano lol We had fun listening to her mess up!

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

The other day at the hall I sang the "present truth" line in one of the songs and got really angry.

I can't believe I've been singing that for years and never realized the implicaiton of it

PRESENT TRUTH!!! THERE'S NO SUCH THING!

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

UwishUFish, that's hillarious.

I like the "We're Jehovahs Witnesses" one, it sounds like an annoying kid should be singing it

We're Jehovah's Witnesses, Nanny-Nanny-POO-POO!

• daystar
    daystar

LOL! Gee, thanks for getting "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" stuck in my head today.

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

*At Daystar, in annoying little kid voice* "We're Jehovah's Wit-ness-es, We're Jehovah's Wit-ness-es!" LOL

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I believe when you play Song 43 backwards, there is a voice saying "Read the Watchtower"

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit