Any trouble for faders going back and forth; JWD and the KH

by OnTheWayOut 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Do any people trying to fade out of the organization have any trouble coming to this forum and going to the Kingdom Hall?

Specific problems might be:
    1. Wanting to use acronyms or names from the JWD (JayDUB, Borg, etc.) while talking to the JW.

2. Wanting to tell someone at the Hall about a great point that you learned
    but know that you would be asked how you learned that?

3. Wanting to stand up at the Hall and shout "Auld Soul or Blondie was right about that!"

4. Wanting to get too specific on the JWD about personal information that others might
    try to clue in on to pinpoint who or where you are located (for paranoid posters like myself).

Any other problems, you get the idea.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If you are discreet then there shouldn't be any problems you don't have to tell the dubs that you visit what is to them an apostate site or disclose details about yourself here that may betray your identity.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

One time I almost let slip something about "ol' Freddie Franz" - that's sure to raise some eyebrows with the dub-dubs.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes daniel, that's what I am looking for.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I haven't been to a meeting since before I started posting here. So it is not really an issue where I am concerned.

Forscher

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

What helps me is to not talk about religion or JW issues, when they come up, I listen quietly and try to change the subject to a secular subject as quickly as I can. I of course do this because, I enjoy most witnesses so long as they are not spewing out that nonsense they believe so much.

OC

• vitty
    vitty

I said borg by mistake to my daughter. She was really cross when I explained what it meant..............I said it was a common expression in our congregation

I also want to call them the dubs...............

I can t remember calling it the WT when I was in..........I think I used the "organization" and "society"...........is using the term WT a bit odd to an active witness?????

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks Vitty,

I thought if I ever accidentally said BORG, I would say it meant BROTHERLY ORGANIZATION.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    4. Wanting to get too specific on the JWD about personal information that others might
    try to clue in on to pinpoint who or where you are located (for paranoid posters like myself).

I don't give a hoot! Let the beggars know who we are!!

<--------------------------That's my real picture and I'm from the Whitefield, Manchester, England Congregation! My name is Ian Hinze (pronounced Hintse).

Fear is only powerful when you allow it to be used against you! (Bloody 'ell, did I just say that?!)

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm not really sure, as I'd stopped attending meetings before I joined here, but I would think if you're really careful about what you give away, then there's no reason why someone would be able to work out who you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit