Any trouble for faders going back and forth; JWD and the KH

by OnTheWayOut 25 Replies latest jw friends

• rocky220
    rocky220

No trouble. Just can't stomach going back to and organization where I was so miserable. I'm happy being out and out I will stay........Rocky220 [from the living in reality class.]

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "They don't deserve the truth"

You can't be serious. They all deserve to know truth.

Yes, SF, they all deserve to know the truth which all of us are seeking.

My point was that the Watchtower Organization does not deserve an honest answer to some
    of their queries if they are going to use your statements to cut us off from speaking with family.
    The members of the congregation who might supply the organization that information, therefore,
    can be lied to about apostasy. Otherwise, I am as honest as they come. I try to avoid answering
    before using this tactic, thanks for forcing me to analyze myself.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

One of the last times I went in service, there weren't any brothers to give prayer, and I was the only only one with a head covering (neck scarf). Well, at that time, I had really come to realize how much JW's didn't give Jesus his due respect. In my prayer I really talked a lot about Jesus. After my prayer, all was "silent"...think everyone was wondering why I talked so much about Jesus. Then the very last time we went in service, it was late fall, and our "out of town" work was coming to an end (we had used that as an excuse why we missed so many meetings and service). The PO's wife said to me, "maybe you'll make more meetings and service now". I told her "we'll see", and that's the last time she ever spoke to me. When I began getting so sick to my stomach at meetings we'd have to leave, we decided to "cut the cord"...what a relief. That was nearly 4 years ago, and we've never had a phone call or visit...how's that for brotherly love?

Little Bo Peep

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Little Bo Peep,

At least you had an easy fade into the night. It is sad how the "friends" are supposed to care and be loving, but are only that way to those sitting next to them in the KH that don't really need their help.
    Not just elders, everyone should be visiting congregation members in the hospital, offering assistance to the elderly, asking those that aren't coming to the Hall if everything is okay.

The best JW I ever knew was this brother who did all that stuff, also brought groceries to the older folks. He never mentioned his good deeds to anyone (they would brag about him, is how we found out). When they tried to make him an elder, he said "No, thanks." When he moved, he didn't even remain an MS, but continued doing good deeds. He racked up lots of time on Bible studies, but didn't count it as field service much, because he was also helping people with their life, talking about subjects other than Bible. I think deep down he was in a fade out of the ritual aspects of JW, but kept going for family- still does.

• d
    d

On the way out.For me it is hard becuse I am discreet about posting here. So I kept a low profile.I can not risk even( though I left in 2008) any witness finding out.Not even my friends know

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I come and go as I please. They know my contempt for their man-made rules from my refusal to participate in them. They don't scare me (in fact, I believe they're a little afraid of me) and I don't require their approval or fake love. Their back-room interrogations have gotten old and I will no longer participate in them, either. They way they see it, I'm the rebel trouble-maker, starting drama. The way I see it, they're the ones making all the stupid rules, setting up the hoops for us to jump through, and drawing all the lines in the sand. Jesus and his followers didn't comply, so neither do I. They're picking the fight; not me.

Next time they come with some crap like "Can we talk to you for a minute?" I'll ask "Who's 'we'? (to find out if there are 3 of them or if it includes somebody I already know is a total Pharisee I won't want to talk to) and what about?" If if looks okay, but I find I don't like the scenario I'll just explain I thought it was for an apology and to reinstate my "privileges" and walk out. Any inkling of an ambush or a JC and I'll just tell them I don't have time and to call and set an appointment. That way I can get my nuclear scriptures, damning WT articles, and digital recorder ready, so I can post their crap on youtube.

I've given up on the people. I don't socialize with them at all. They're not "friends" or "brothers". They don't do anything together (at my current Hall), except sit in a room for 2 hours at a time. There are no social events and nobody seems to really know or care about anyone else there. I don't have anything in common with them intellectually, philosophically, musically, or any other "ly". I show up 2 minutes before the meeting and bolt when the closing worship session to the WBTS (prayer) is over. I know better than to talk to them, because they just piss me off with their judgmentalism and idolatry or embarrass me with their ignorance and stupidity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit