The JW phrase I most despise is...

by exwitless 89 Replies latest jw friends

• joe_black
    joe_black

Coming from a family where there is still four out of nine in the "religion"....I seem to hear the phrase "we sure need that new system" quite a bit lately. The last time I heard one of my sisters say this, I replied, "yeah I'm due for a new computer myself"...lol.

• TheKings
    TheKings

lmao !

• Bad Girl
    Bad Girl

Ive always wondered if Jehovah actually gets really annoyed because were all pronouncing his name wrong??

I mean what if its not Jehovah or Yahweh but Johevih or Yehoweh or some other vowel combination?

How crap would that be having everyone call you by the wrong name, over and over year after year? Perhaps thats why it often seems like hes not listening! I think I would switch off after the zillionth time

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

One more

Definitely "The Truth"

" "The Truth?" You can't handle "The Truth" "

• dobbie
    dobbie

Avoid independant thinking (made warning sirens go off in my head!) and we really miss you at the meetings(no where else then - got to be at the meetings for hubbys family to want to see him)

• chiddy
    chiddy

Its not actually a phrase but it used to piss me off anyway, when 2 bros are on the stage at a CA/DA and a bro is giving another bro council in a demonstration, and when they finished and walking away from the stage the older bro pats the back of the other bro , how fake!

• dobbie
    dobbie

yes its really patronising is'nt it!

• rebel8
    rebel8

"I'm ONE of jws"....I hate that. Who says that? Can you imagine your next door neighbor saying, "I'm one of the Protestants"????? Why do they have to be such dorks?

I also HATE "marital due"--and pretty much all phrases associated with the headship dogma, "fleshly", "as it were", "apparently" (because they use it to draw off the wall conclusions), "supposed" (because they use that to add skepticism/sarcasm to something but maintain plausible deniability if they get accused of being sarcastic)

...and what's the one I'm thinking of...something to do with strenously exerting blah blah...

..also "informal witness" (because it is trying to put a positive spin on a very rude activity--shoving your religion down someone's throat and being happy they're too polite to tell you to shut up)..."older man"..."unbelieving"

• Shooting Star
    Shooting Star

Not simply "worldly"...

worldly people

worldly thinking

worldly actions/behaviors

worldly dress

...blah, blah, blah

Sounds like Amish terms... Picture black clothing and buggies...

Shooting Star

• dobbie
    dobbie

When you have to go out in ministry in the pouring rain and you (as us brits like to do) mention it and get told 'we are not fairweather christians you know'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit