The JW phrase I most despise is...

by exwitless 89 Replies latest jw friends

• chiddy
    chiddy

Would you like to volunteer for talk No 4 ?

• Mary
    Mary

1. The Slave says....
    2. Spiritual Food at the proper time
    3. Surely this is another fine indication that Jehovah is directing his Organization
    4. Independent thinking
    5. Missing meetings is not an option
    6. Lack of appreciation for the Organization
    7. Half-truths
    8. Soon, this present wicked System of Things will be destroyed
    9. We are deep, deep into the time of The End
    10. Keeping up with Jehovah's celestial chariot
  • chiddy
    chiddy

Making sure we do not stumble our fellow brothers and sisters

• greendawn
    greendawn

I also hated the phrase "this system of things" especially "the end of this system of things" because I knew they were all part and parcel of the same world, being so materialistic. Also "jehovah's organisation our spiritual mother", whatever happened to Christ's church, and in addition this mother certainly didn't care for her children in need.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

The one that used to get my goat was "appreciate" They were always "appreciating" something or another.At the door they "appreciated" the householder's attention. At the meetings they were always "appreciating" the CO's talk, the WT study, the ministry school etc...etc... I often felt that if I heard that word once more I'd shove a very long stick up a tender part of the speaker's anatomy.

Cheers

• daystar
    daystar

• This wicked system of things
    • True Christians would agree...
    • Spiritual food
    • Spirit-directed organization
    • Good news of the Kingdom
    • Thousand year reign
    • Bad association spoils useful habits
    • World empire of false religion
    • The last days
    • We might reasonably assume...
    • Thus the facts make clear...
    • Thus we can see...
    • Has clearly shown...
  • greendawn
    greendawn

"Jehovah's organisation is not a democracy, it is a theocracy" that's a pretext for a dictatorial style of rule over the R&F as if the early Christians had a similar kind of set up which is a preposterous claim. Even if they had a GB, which is very unlikely, it wasn't operating in the same way as the FDS.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

This system of things

The ...... arrangement

bible - trained conscience

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"Bible-based", as in "...Bible-based publication..." and "..this fine spiritual program of Bible-based instruction..."

If it really is Bible based, why do we need the publication/program of instruction?

"directs attention to the Bible", as in "...this [book, magazine, tract] directs attention to the Bible..."

Sure it does, just after it draws a lot of attention to its beautiful artwork and the organization that produced it.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

"Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit