Revelation 1.17 Jesus divinity? Or just "the first" raised from the dead"?

by Hellrider 239 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mondo

The problem with the dual nature hypothesis is that it is contradictory to say that one person is 100% two things. One could be part one thing and part another, but not 100% of two completely different things.

There you go assuming again, tell us how you know man doesn't have a spirit.

I'm 100% many things! I'm sorry, Mondo, I didn't see this post to Kenneson
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but even as such I would not say that each detail of what I believe 100% corresponds to everything the WT states.

I have to ask what's wrong? Don't you trust the "faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?" Is some of the food spoiled?

The WHO remained the same, the WHAT changed.

That sounds a little trinitarian to me! Are you sure it is 100% of the same "WHO"?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ew

What he also ignores is that fact that the fallen angels/herd of swine, etc... totally distroys his premise of percentages of a being sharing parts.

Great point!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but even as such I would not say that each detail of what I believe 100% corresponds to everything the WT states.

DDog,

Does not Jehovah search the hearts of men? And who can question the "faithful slave" that feeds the flock?

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

ROTFL. The demons POSSESSED the swine, they were not the swine themselves. LOL Wow some desperate arguments from you folks.

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

It depends on what you mean by spirit.

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

If you are 100% something, that is all you are, for there is only 100% of you. If something is 100% wood, it is all wood. If something is 100% metal, it is all metal.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

DDog,

I would look up if I had another Cd, the official WT position of a "life force" that was given up by Christ. We know spirit beings dont have lungs to breath, so Im curious of what was given up, verses what was transferred?

And what parts of the non-breath life force got transfered?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mondo

Do you believe jesus' percentage of spirit (that he brought w him from his spirit form) as a human was greater than 0%?
    It depends on what you mean by spirit.

I mean that which jesus was before he came to the earth. A simple yes or no answer will do. S
  • ellderwho
    ellderwho
    ROTFL. The demons POSSESSED the swine, they were not the swine themselves. LOL Wow some desperate arguments from you folks.

DDog, Notice the evasive position taken without a real answer to a question, although the dual nature is still not addressed. Must be a faulty question, or maybe the possessed swine where no longer swine LOL. Or maybe they where just a tiny bit of a precentage demons, ya know the part that talks, or the part that jumps into the ocean.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    If you are 100% something, that is all you are, for there is only 100% of you.

I guess this does'nt apply to the 144k that somehow manifest a spirit that continues on after death, or that is destroyed if the annoited one falls away from the org.

Or maybe its a clone of a spirit that Jehovah would make. To bad its not the original.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit