Revelation 1.17 Jesus divinity? Or just "the first" raised from the dead"?

by Hellrider 239 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

I here ya Ross,

But some-thing came down. WT logistics of prehuman to human Christ, are a mystery.

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

It isn't a "WT theory." Anyone with even a basic knowledge of Greek knows better than that.

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

No substance came down. He "became flesh."

• Satanus
    Satanus

Zero percent, or more than zero? Which is it?

S

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

Littletoe,

Form is morfh, which refers to what appears outwardly. It has been interpreted different ways.

I don't know where you get the idea that he emptied himself of his reputation. His reputation is not in view. Contextually, he emptied himself of "the form of God," which is the only thing available within the context of Paul's argument for him to empty himself of. Many will import ideas of what he emptied himself of, but without basis in the context.

• Mondo1
    Mondo1

For spirit, as in substance? 0%.

• Satanus
    Satanus

To be clear, you are saying that nothing of any substance of jesus' prehuman being remained in the human jesus.

S

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Reading a variety of translations is useful in any study. Hence I supplied you with two, rather than rely on you going to such personal effort by merely supplying the references.

As they say in language studies circles - let an untrained mind loose on a lexicon and you are guaranteed giberish, in any language...

Try reading my post again, for an idea as to where I might have produced such a suggestion. It was wholey within context.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Mondo1,

Your response that Jesus' mind, his consciousness no longer resided in spirit, but in flesh does not answer the question as to what happened to his spirit. Did it cease to exist? Did it remain in heaven to be reunited with his body in the resurrection? Wouldn't that mean that there were two Jesuses (the spirit in heaven) and the body (on earth)? You still haven't answered as to what became of his spirit.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mondo1 said that

his mind, his consciousness

was transfered from his spirit body to his human body. He said that his mind, his consciousness has no substance. I think that this is the same way that atheists see it. Any atheists care to give their views?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit