What would you notice first if you went back to a Kingdom Hall?

by JH 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    same shit, diff'rnt year

exactly

The first thing I'd likely notice is the children being beaten in front of the hall or in the bathrooms/back room.

• parakeet
    parakeet

The first thing I'd notice would be my brain cells starting to die.

• magoo
    magoo

.....................the lack of attendees

magoo

• Krystal
    Krystal

Had to go back for my grandmother's funeral couple of months back and the major thing I noticed that I never saw before, was how much they all look alike... They have this blank expression plastered on their faces... no real individuality. It was a little creepy.

• Schism
    Schism

Actually, I just got back from the KH. The first thing I noticed tonight was how the kids are allowed to hang out in the foyer with no reprocussions because we are all related to the PO.

Second, I noticed how someone can use the Bible to tell people how to hold a microphone. Not too close, not too far away, just like the Bible says to hold the mic. (1st half)

Third, I noticed how the song on the opposite page of the one sang in half time (#128) looks like a tribute to Hitler. About the Nazirites, subtract rites. Read it and you will laugh.

Fourth, I noticed how well the local needs didn't fit the local need.

Lastly, I noticed how no one cried when a kid got DFed. She had problems, probably because she had a traumatic childhood. Of course, there's no patience for people who need help, especially ethnic kids, as we know they tend to be a little racist.

Then another song. The weirdos who sing off key and too loud, the sermon at the very end to allow that elder to get a final word in while pretending to talk to some god. Then back to the off-limits foyer for another anti-social teenager gathering (my guilty self included).

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

How uncomfortable are the chairs now? And what is the current scripture in the ugly gold letters on the wall.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I would notice if anyone was keeping up the landscaping or if they finally remodeled.

Going inside I would notice if anyone came up to talk to me (not da'd or df'd) and wondering what the first thing would be out of their mouth.

But I might as well be talking about what would happen if I flew on the space shuttle, because it would more likely happen.

I have always wondered what it would be like if I went to a KH where no one knew I had ever been a JW and see how they treated me. I did this when I traveled. I would say that 95% of them were not very friendly to a newcomer. One sister practically ran away when she found out I was already baptized...no point in wasting time she couldn't put on her time slip.

Blondie

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

SSDD

• choosing life
    choosing life

(Darth)

There is a desktop PC in our kingdom hall. Has been for years. I don't think it has internet access however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit