What is the WTS up to?

by headmath 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• headmath
    headmath

I was thinking last night that the WTS is acting suspicious like. Remenber the letter a few months ago to have emergency supplies ready and contact numbers ect. Then the end of religion tract, then the KM on blood. I looks like the WTS is bracing itself for some dangerous event.

I think maybe the WTS has been sucked in by Micheal Drosnin's book "the bible code". In that book he claims that 2006 is to be the year of destruction. As far as prophecy goes Drosnin will be no better at predicting future events than the WTS is. The WTS is keeping something SECRET, it is just a nagging feeling I have. They can't afford another 1975 scenario so they are keeping quiet about it this time

• greendawn
    greendawn

Whatever it is it will be another trick the WTS is useless in predicting anything as their abysmal record shows plus if an end does ever come they will be among the first to get thrown and downtrodden in the wine press like rotten grapes.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your take on the facts is interesting. I have a different one- donations are down, they don't want to use THEIR money.

Emergency supplies- there have been several disasters in the last few years that tax the WTS funds.
    Although the Bible doesn't include tsunami and hurricane in the sign, WTS acts like these are a sign
    of the last days- so keep JW's thinking the end is right around the corner AND have them get ready
    so they don't need as much aid as they used to. Keep more of the disaster relief funds.

The end of religion tract- same stuff about keeping JW's thinking the end is right around the corner AND
    keep them busy with low-cost tracts instead of books.

Blood- They are going to face a slew of lawsuits over blood. In the future, they can say that it was a
    conscience matter, JW's should have taken the treatment, it's their own fault.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think it's just another trick to keep the flock working hard as well. Let's face it - we were all fooled by them once, and fairly easily in most cases. We might know better now, but the majority of those still in don't. They are still easily duped by anything spewing out of Brooklyn.

• Will2Power
    Will2Power

Taken in by the 'Bible Code'? LOL, hardly. I don't believe they are up to anything particularly unusual. If you look back on the org's history you will find these same things have been done before just with different spins.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If you look back on the org's history you will find these same things have been done before just with different spins.

Also, many ex-JW's or doubters are looking at it with a different spin. If the end isn't just around the corner, why are they doing that?

• moshe
    moshe

They know they are being fooled, but it doesn't matter. The KH is just a club for social misfits.

• V
    V

It is a hype rally.

Also 2006 DC "Deliverance at Hand" and special "Creation Awake" can be added to the hype list.

Why?

1) Active membership is asleep at the wheel

2) Losses from inactive JWs will make org unsustainable

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    They know they are being fooled, but it doesn't matter. The KH is just a club for social misfits.

Wow.....that's a little harsh, don't you think?

I wouldn't say that JWs are social misfits, but they are terribly misled by those they look up to as their "spiritual leaders" and are conditioned to march to the same drum.

I don't think the majority of JWs "know they are being fooled" or duped either, but are pleasing the Watchtowergod they have dedicated their lives to serving. This is why so many leave when they discover what a sham the WTS IS.

Annie

• garybuss
    garybuss

Moshe, You wrote: "They know they are being fooled, but it doesn't matter. The KH is just a club for social misfits."

In the case of my father you'd be right. He knows the Society is dishonest and prone to error. He's known for decades according to what he told me. The only change I'd have made to your description Moshe, is I'd have said bigoted social misfits. I'll forgive ya this time:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit