What is the WTS up to?

by headmath 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deleted
    Deleted

It's interesting that you would post this on October 5, that has historically been the day when something would happen, like standing on the roof of Bethel on 10/5/1914 (and 1881) waiting to be taken up in the clouds. As such, and I am being serious here, once October came and went I felt safe for another year. Oh, how nutty we were!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I do not think that the contributions are covering the cost of the literature. I do not think that contributions are covering the cost of the large conventions. New challenges and pressure from taxing authorities. Challenges regarding Bethel workers and if they are legally entitled to benefits. People's intetest in Wt literature opposed to interest in the internet and the information age. A growing broader view of WT doctrines by all Jws. Problems in the leadership after the death of charismatic old gb.

THe wts is tackling many problems. This is a critical time in wt history. Bethel must be downsized to a minimum. Although the congregations will continue and also some governing, legal and managing structure will also exist, The WTs printing and publishing worldwide entity may come to an end as we know it today the headquartes, the printing, the Bethel family. It is too much to handle and it is no longer needed in this information age.

THe wts can eliminate inhouse printing and job out the printing though very unlikely. Bethel service can be limited to a couple of years by younger bros. THey can even change to cd publications eliminating all of the printing altogether execept for Bibles, song books, and congregation study materials.

One thing for sure many old time Bethelites are getting pink slips and Bethel is getting smaller.

The movement will press on but the WTS structure may shrink to a minimum. Either of 2 things will unfold, the realization of wts predictions or a transformation of the movement consisting on preaching and worship, education and Bible research with a minimum officials.

What will happen to the billions of dollars? People wonder, but Bethel service as we know it will be a thing of the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit