Who is Jesus? Is he God?

by BelieverInJesus 396 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Root O Jesse
    Root O Jesse

Jesus is the True son of The Almighty GOD, aka:Immanuel, Yeshua

R.O.J.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Jesus said He was the "image" of His Father. That works for me.

carmel

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Root...

"Jesus is the True son of The Almighty GOD, aka:Immanuel, Yeshua"...

Amen.

• bubble
    bubble

This subject really frustrates me, because noone knows the answer for sure. If God/Jesus loves us so much why doesn't he make it clear in black and white who he actually is.

The fact that it is all so subjective and there are so many different interpretations of who he is, makes me wonder if any of the explanations are actually true!

• pippy
    pippy

Hercules - Roman - A man born of virgin birth, half God and half human. Only God when in the realm of the Gods, but possessed god like power while on earth.

Perseus - Greek - A man born of virgin birth, half God and half human. Only God when in the realm of the Gods, but possessed god like power while on earth.

Cuchulainn - Celtic - A man born of virgin birth, half God and half human. Only God when in the realm of the Gods, but possessed god like power while on earth. (This one even said to be reborn as the father and son)

Jesus Christ - Christian - A man born of virgin birth, half God and half human. Only God when in the realm of the Gods, but possessed god like power while on earth.

Who is Jesus? Myth, Legend, etc

. makes me think...are all gods the real aliens !!! maybe we are just their guinee pigs ,, seeing what we do with the info they give us??

• trevor
    trevor
    This subject really frustrates me, because noone knows the answer for sure. If God/Jesus loves us so much why doesn't he make it clear in black and white who he actually is.

The people who made the claims in the Bible about JC are all dead - so no good asking them where they got their ideas from.

During two thousand years of knocking on his door there has been no comment from the big JC himself. It seems obvious that there is no one home. I can't even see a light on!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    It seems obvious that there is no one home. I can't even see a light on!

Isn't that what someone would say who sadly has had no experience with answered prayer?

I'm saying that the Trinity backing is not as solid as many would choose to believe.

Amen! Nowhere does the Bible force the conclusion that God is three persons in one. There is far too much uncertainty and emotionalism attached to this topic, as well as a lot of reading into what a text says rather than letting it speak for itself.

It turns me off when I hear that persons are not Christians if they don't believe in the Trinity. What about Luke who penned more than any other inspired writer of the New Testament and who devoted not a single word to the effect that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God? What about Matthew, Mark, James and Jude? If some see the Trinity in the writings of John and Paul, let that be their faith. But why must they try to impose their convictions on others who are not so convinced? The test should be answers to prayer, not legislation from a church or another sinful human.

"Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." (Romans 14:4)

"There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?" (James 4:12)

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created

This scripture doesn't prove a trinity. The only place in the Bible that "Trinity" is mentioned is in the same place as "Organization" and "Governing Body."

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The idea that Jesus is a God based on Greek mythology is just one theory and is inconclusive at that. One of the best articles and well detailed with facts that I have read about the issue can be found here:

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/copycatwho1.html

This article is very long but cites many reference works and is well worth the effort to read especially for those believers who often face this arguement from some who state this belief as fact.

That being said: Jesus is the Logos, the Divine son of God. He is not a created angel but rather has always been in the nature and likeness of his father and has always been with him and part of him. See John 1:1 until the end of the chapter. Peace, Lilly

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

I just finished reading, for the second time, a book by Ron Frye, called "The Father Son Relationship". I think you can find it on Commentary Press. It's excellent. It looks at the early history of the Trinity, showing pros and cons. It examines the relationship of the Father, Son and the holy spirit. I was confused when I started reading the Bible, the many places Jesus was gives such an elevated position, when just reading the Wt and Aw, you didn't really see that. Not until I began reading the Bible with my blinders off, did I see the VERY important position Jesus should have in our lives. The book really cleared up much of my confusion, examining words, expressions etc., and their early meanings. Maybe this book would help you. It's only about 80 pages, but packed with great information.

Little Bo Peep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit