Who is Jesus? Is he God?

by BelieverInJesus 396 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

undis:

"For our God, Jesus Christ, was conceived by Mary in accord with God’s plan: of the seed of David, it is true, but also of the Holy Spirit" (Letter to the Ephesians, 18:2).

mP:

There is no chapter 18 of Ephesians.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Neither does the word "seed" or "David" appear in Ephesians.

Woops, just noticed it is a 6 year old thread, so Undis may not see these latest comments.

• mP
    mP

@Phizzy

Another fine example of Christians lying thru their teeth, or a joke. Im not sure what to make of Ephesians 18.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That was a strange "quote", I haven't checked, but simply from memory I don't think ANY scripture makes the claim in his quote ??????

• mP
    mP

Phizzy:

Im pretty sure your right, but i have no idea why anybody would make such a stupid lie for a chapter that doesnt exist and is so easily shown tobe bullshit.

• mP
    mP

BTW,

Jesus can be whatever and whomever you want. There are thousnads of xian religions who make stuff up. The Muslims tell you one thing about jesus, the Bahai another, Jews for Jesus another, everyone is making stuff up. In short if you make up another story you will be in fine company and certainly not the first.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Because "Jesus of Nazareth" is a figure from mythology rather than an historical figure, you cna make up what you like and no one can prove you wrong.

Personally I think that a preacher or preachers a little like the Jesus of the gospels existed and gave rise to the mythology, but the search for the "Historical Jesus" is probably a waste of time, unless new evidence comes to light, and anyway I think he would have been very very much a child of his time, so of only scant interest and little import for us today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit