Grand and Lesser Apostate Delusions

by slimboyfat 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

slimboyfat, your overuse and misapplication of the word 'apostate' is amusing, as are your generalisations about people who leave your religion - a religion with which you yourself acknowledge has many problems. It is difficult not to think that you are a 'troll'.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Beardo:
    I can understand your perspective, I just interpret the evidence differently. Part of that may be to do with having a career in health services. I get to see the efforts and effects from Primary care (GP) though Acute/Secondary (hospitals) to Tertiary (hospices for the terminally ill).

While I acknowledge some personal concerns regarding industrialisation and the poisoning of our systems, I also have to acknowledge that the life expectancies of years of yore precluded even getting to the kind of ages that many of such "poisonings" would take effect.

If you only expect to live to 50, ailments that affect 60 year olds are hardly likely to concern you...

• Beardo
    Beardo

Expect a wealth of information to grace your doormat very soon to help embitter your world view once more - the package is prepared and ready to be launched. I will pop down the post office later on today.

I work closely on a voluntary basis (from time to time) with a Trust who support families whose children are dying or have just died - I too have seen the monumental efforts and personal sacrifices that many individuals have made on behalf of others and the ongoing attempt to preserve life at 'almost' any cost.

However, my mind gets whipped constantly into a state of 'the overview' and I can't help feeling that the system is thoroughly flawed and there are better ways we could choose to live. Our diet and lifestyle in general has been poisoned. I have also noted monumental efforts being made to preserve life through the hands of the deeply disfunctional who appear unwilling to let go of life. I have also noted that certain doctors have a cold & clinical approach within their work and we become cattle - prodded through the system.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

One thing that slimboyfat (a fan of Norman Cook, no doubt) ignores, is the fact that the conspiracy theories are usually shouted down by the rest of the board . This is a 'free to all board' , anybody can say what they want .

To present us a united organization is to perpetrate the WT myth of an "evil slave" acting as one against them .

In fact the weird, wacky and wild, are quickly shown how wrong they are .

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Blues Brother,

1. I don't know who Norman Cook is.

2. I myself stated that most apostates do not accept the conspiracy theories.

3. I have not thought of apostates as a "united organization".

A quotation shows my basic argument:

However, not many apostates fall into that "illuminati camp" of grand delusion you may protest, and while that may be true it is the same basic delusion which inspires most of the outlandish criticism of the Witnesses that somehow passes for common sense on this forum. Often apostates make such ridiculous claims about the Witness leadership acting in underhanded ways, of being Machiavellian and disingenuous... But is clearly nonsense to claim, as apostates here often do in a matter-of-fact sort of way that the leadership en masse is simply interested in making money, or that they are purposely trying to lie to people in their publications. Such constructions of the reality take such a dim view of the inner consciences of persons involved in the movement as to be entirely incredible. So why won't apostates simply accept that Witnesses are well-intentioned yet simply misguided? It is because they can apparently take more comfort in taking refuge from a supposedly "evil" organization "out to deceive" than in simply wishing to differ and take their leave from a group who have stong convictions and a faith that they can no longer share. The whole JR Brown interview/UN "scandal"/anti-Jaracz frenzy/outlandish attacks on Rutherford's character/(plus a hundred other allegations) are all symptoms of the same psychologically skewed perspective.

Such perspectives may not have the same stature as the beast that is the "freemason conspiracy" phenomenon, but they are not an entirely different species either...

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I just found out who Norman Cook is.

How stupid of me.

Slim

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I don't know who Norman Cook is.

Well, I am a bit surprised you don't know that, slim. He is more comoonly known as Fatboy Slim, which is somewhat close to your alias, wouldn't you say?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Beardo:I agree that the system is flawed, but so has every other system been, hence the continual evolution.

As for docs getting jaded, I've started to come to understand it. It's almost like a de-sensitization, wherein a "Logan's Run"-style euthanasia programme seems like a good option. When you see so much self-inflicted harm, you do start to question certain values such as "right to life", which are most often just an emotional reaction against any form of death. I place myself in the frame of potential recipient as; I enjoy the occasional tobacco; due to current career demands don't exercise quite as much as I should; scuba dive; and ride a motorbike. If I were to have a costly accident should others have to pay for my mistake? On the flip side of the coin, I certainly pay enough in taxes that the State probably owes me for a spill or two by now.

Such is the system we have. The best we can do is contribute to our personal and societarial evoluvtion. But isn't that what the Illuminati are alleged to be doing?

• sf
    sf

Beardo and LT,

I'm reading with great interest. Much to take in and re-search.

Thanks.

Incidently, as can be seen in my early posting history here, when I too stumbled on the internet stuff regarding WT/Illuminati, I was floored. It took a great deal of reading and sifting to perhaps come to my own conclusion on 'things'. Thing is, I have not concluded much of anything yet except that THIS is how I think of the WTBTS BOOK PRINTING EMPIRE, MASKED [ FRAUDULENT ] TRUE RELIGION", in which you, Beardo, state:

They are servants that underpin this rotten system we exist in and help power the machinery of the legal and financial system.

Underpin. Not quite a pillar in plain sight, now is it? OR is it?

Many may not view the WTBTS as a SECRET SOCIETY. I do. What goes on behind the curtain IS secret to our society. It's time for that to change. And it will. After all, what is Illumination? Light. It's time to look into the Light of WT Truth people.

sKally

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

sf:

Like many of us, the Masonic-Russell connections seem obvious when first presented to us. I jumped on that bandwagon for a short while, after I heard about it, also. Researching the subject as thoroughly as possible dispelled such a notion for me. I was simply quite ignorant of the breadth of such groups, and had lumped them all under the banner of Freemasonry. I thought that certain symbols were unique to them, but didn't realise just how much human civilisations have used the self-same symbols. Additionally, Jung had a fair bit to say on the subject, and is worth a read.

I agree with your observations of the inner workings of the WTS being secret, though. I think the main reason for that is that power is vested in so few, and has been made unassailable. That doesn't need a conspiracy theory to explain, but is neatly described by the definition of a "cult".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit