Grand and Lesser Apostate Delusions

by slimboyfat 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Beardo
    Beardo
    But is clearly nonsense to claim, as apostates here often do in a matter-of-fact sort of way the leadership en masse is simply interested in making money, or that they are purposely trying to lie to people in their publications

Yes, it would be a lie to say that the society is simply about "making money". They may be deluded in certain areas, but there would be more profitable ways to make large sums of money.

As for lying - well, that is open to debate I suppose.

They may not intentionally set out to put out false information, so maybe the word lie should be changed to a lesser charge of being foolishly credulous concerning their predications? Although there have been blatant attempts to 'cover tracks' in my estimation by disregarding old texts alluding to failed prophecy etc.

However, their policies still damage & hurt people due to the inflexible nature of their dogma.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I hate generalisations, and the brand-name "apostate" seems to be one of the worst of the lot. Very few who post here are actually "apostate".

Group-think exists at so many levels of the human psyche. I believe that the policy-makers of the WTS do prey on this, especially through the fear of shunning. This remains my main bone of contention with them. If they dropped that, and the belief set truly was a conscience matter I would have less issue with them. That method has certainly worked well in most other religions for a few thousand years.

Regardless of whether you call them a cult, or Nazi-like, or hold some softer stance,methinks it pretty much has to be acknowledged that they are towards the [extreme / conservative / fundamentalist] end of the spectrum of belief. They certainly aren'ty averse to scholastic dishonesty, when it suits them. The Trinity brochure is a good example of this, and suspect that anyone who genuinely researches this cannot fail to come to this conclusion.

As for delusionals, you'll find them in many walks of life. The conspiracy theorists certainly fall in that camp, for my dollar. Denial comes in so many insidious forms, but often can be the psyche's last defense...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SlimBoyFat..sf/Skally`s post was specificly about children..JW children are baptized before they reach the age of majority..They are taught from toddlers:"Join our religion or die."..You know it,I know it,and we know you know it..Skallys gonna have some fun with you!.....Please don`t make me re-type my question..Just answer it..Burned down Kingdom Hall/Apostates..???....OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey LT

Sorry if i offended you, as an adherent, w that term. I induge the jw's by using that term. But seriously, in jw speak, it only applies to people like me and perhaps less than half the posters here, who were dffed for rebelling/rejecting wt crapolla. Me again, at least in bible speak, for dropping bible belief

S

• sf
    sf

OUTLAW, he didn't roast up too well. I spit him out a while ago. Thanks for the beer bro!

sKally

• Beardo
    Beardo
    As for delusionals, you'll find them in many walks of life. The conspiracy theorists certainly fall in that camp, for my dollar.

That depends Mr Toe. You use the term 'conspiracy theorists' linked to delusional, as though conspiracies never exist. I think you are also creating your own broad generalization by doing so.

It is important to look at individual situations, look at the data, sift it, and draw conclusions based around what seems reasonable. Just because something appears to be implausible upon the surface does not make it so and many of the folk I have spoken to through other forums studying say 9/11 (for instance) appear to be quite sane & reasonable, although at first my bullshit meter was alerting me to possible fraud.

Yes, there is the " tin-foil hat " brigade out there, but hopefully we who are reasonable can spot them almost immediately.

Here is a man who is classed as a conspiracy theorist (study his work if you have time):

http://www.911blogger.com/2005/04/proper-release-of-griffin-in-madison.html

So then - define what a "conspiracy theorist" actually is, without tar & feathering the genuine researchers looking for truth ...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

S:

No offense taken whatsoever. I'm not only firmly in the "apostate" camp, I'm also probably in the "evil slave" camp as well, as far as the JWs are concerned.

Beardo:Context, my friend. We were discussing those who believe there's an illuminati conspiracy involving the WTS. While my comments are still a little general, I've yet to see such a theorist portray anything near aquainting rationality when presenting their opinions. Usually it's cut and paste clap-trap that bears little relation to reality. Hence my linking it with delusional behaviour.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I'm also probably in the "evil slave" camp as well, as far as the JWs are concerned

Which is entirely supported by your avatar which makes you look kinda dark and evil....

Image...its all about image lol

Gary

• richard
    richard
    SBF: I have not heard of Witnesses forcing people not to have transfusions

Timothy Whalen "Armageddon Around the Corner", p. 187:

"The father and two brothers of the victim of an automobile accident in Texas in 1952 stood guard in her hospital room to prevent doctors from giving a transfusion. (...) Finally doctors called the police who arrested the three men on the grounds of disturbing the peace. (...) The woman herself was not a Witness.

• Beardo
    Beardo
    We were discussing those who believe there's an illuminati conspiracy involving the WTS. While my comments are still a little general, I've yet to see such a theorist portray anything near aquainting rationality when presenting their opinions.

Ok - fair enough.

I can't see direct links to the "Illuminati" (however we choose to define this group) & the WTBTS myself at the moment. Although the iconography chosen by old CT was rather telling, in terms of displaying his Masonic interests.

But how the WTBTS would take on the role as an agent for a physical (not spiritual) New World Order is beyond my understanding at present, as they actively trash human government in their literature, whereas the so-called Illuminati want a centralized government and a prison planet, where we are happy little consumers slaving for our masters, replete with microchips and tracking devices so we can't leave the cage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit