How can I be free ?

by youcanhaveago 33 Replies latest jw friends

• youcanhaveago
    youcanhaveago

Can anyone tell me how I find peace of mind ? How I feel my life is not pointless ?

I truly feel lost . I am having such a bad time - my family are all JW:s and where do I go ?

I have no hate and regret nothing because I met my wife "in the truth " and we have 3 wonderful children so how can I regret that ?

My life is filled with confusion as my wife and I are no longer together ( another story for another time ).

If I am honest I have suicidal thoughts , because of my children I am pretty sure I wouldn't do it but they occur .

Please don't think I am being alarmist or attention seeking , I am just lost and want to live out the rest of my days in freedom and with purpose.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear youcanhaveago:

Your first step was the right step
    in coming to this board. You will
    find individuals such as yourself
    in a similar situation.

There are a number of people here
    who can relate to your exact circum-
    stances, so don't give up.

Sometimes we get down but there
    are a number of us here who will
    lift you up.

Peace,

The Wanderer

P.S. Aussie?

• lola28
    lola28

I don't know what to tell you but we are all here for you ***hugs***

Lola

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((youcanhaveago)))

However you feel , you have friends here, and we won't desert you. Hang on in there.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***How can I be free?***

Who is it that binds you?

***If I am honest I have suicidal thoughts***

See your doctor. You're going through a rough patch. Counseling and/or medication may help you cope with it more easily.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

You know the scripture that says "the truth will set you free"? Well....that refers to truth in the Bible....not what we were taught by an organization. Also...The Bible says if we lose family members for the sake of his name...we will gets those back from him? Well, we are a family here to make up as best we can for those we have lost. I have recently just found that since I was ready and willing to really pray and leave it to God to lead me in my research...I did get "the proper food at the proper times" from God! I have an 8 year old still in the religion and living with her dad, and it is truely heart breaking....so I really feel for you, but keep on going and keep on praying. Life does get so much better and your kids need to see that life goes on and it gets better when you are free!

Lots of sisterly love! Lyndi

• youcanhaveago
    youcanhaveago

Weird ain't it ? I'm sitting here reading and appreciating your replys with i tunes going in the background on random and Louis Armstrong has just started singing "Wonderful World"

And NOW Annie Lennox has just stated singing " Walking on Broken Glass " - is someone trying to tell me something ?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    See your doctor. You're going through a rough patch. Counseling and/or medication may help you cope with it more easily.

parakeet said the above. Always a good idea in your circumstances.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh, and welcome aboard.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

LOL....You know, after I found peace of mind....it was like all songs held different meaning and I kept thinking that it seemed that so many songs could be applied to leaving a cult! I wondered if any of the song writers had a history of JW background! The thought of medicine is a good one, and also, I think what started my road down recovry lane was going to therapy, originally for "dealing with my mom who disowned me" issues and was "diagnosed" as a person leaving a cult. That was the first time I really realized that THAT IS WHAT IT IS (AHHHHH!) and felt free to prove it to myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit