How can I be free ?

by youcanhaveago 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Ade
    Ade

Hi YOUCANHAVEAGO,
    with regards to the following my friend ( btw - its great to have you here and i really sympathize with your frame of mind at the moment )

q)Can anyone tell me how I find peace of mind ? How I feel my life is not pointless ?
    a)you will have peace of mind by reading the bible and finding out all that youve missed by being caught in the societys deceptions ( worked for me anyhow - if you like to chat about any scriptures - drop me a pm - i'd really enjoy that )

q)I truly feel lost . I am having such a bad time - my family are all JW:s and where do I go ?
    a)unfortunatley we all feel that way ( abandoned ) our few friends were jw's now we have none ( and my family never contact me ) you shouldnt ask where to go - youve found us , most of us have suffered this too . if you live uk and want to call me , i'll send you my phone number, if you live locally come round for a tea/coffee )

q)I have no hate and regret nothing because I met my wife "in the truth " and we have 3 wonderful children so how can I regret that ?
    a)fortunately my wife saw sense and also doesnt associate with them, she is hopefully soon to write a da'ing letter. i have three kids and also cant say i regret a thing.

q)My life is filled with confusion as my wife and I are no longer together ( another story for another time ).
    a) i couldnt imagine living without my wife, she is the one ( besides divine help ) who has gotten me through a serious bot of panic attacks and depression. In your situation i would worried myself to death, your doing well to talk to us about it.

q)If I am honest I have suicidal thoughts , because of my children I am pretty sure I wouldn't do it but they occur .
    a)My stepfather has not long commited suicide , he chose to hang himself, i had to deal with it all, tidying the area where he did it , seeing the colour of his skin and removing the rope he did it with etc.partly this was due to the witnesses, and their glorious way of making you feel you are never quite doing enough for GOD.

Please don't think I am being alarmist or attention seeking , I am just lost and want to live out the rest of my days in freedom and with purpose.
    a) i had the feeling of this when i was having panic attacks, i thought people may have thought i was seeking attention, i wasnt - it was genuine, you very likely have many days ahead of you truly serving GOD which you havent been doing previously ( even though you thought you were ) , better still i'm sure you will make TRUE friends here, very rarely in life is a much compassion and love passed around as it is with we so called APOSTATES. you will make many friends here and i would be glad to be one of them .

all the very best from my family to you
    GOD bless you
    Ade and family

• youcanhaveago
    youcanhaveago

Dear All.

THANKYOU !

Just got home and read you replys and some pm's.All much appreciated .

Love always .

• shera
    shera

Good to have you here. ****hugs****

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome youcanhaveago, what is it that makes you feel so bad about life? If you have three great children things can't be that bad. There are also many nice people in the non JW world.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Sorry to hear your issues and problems. But this is how life works it throws us curves every so often. One thing I would recommend is to seek professional help if you are seriously thinking about suicide. An internet forum is not really a great place to seek life changing choices.

• daystar
    daystar

First of all, understand and really trust that "this too shall pass".

Second, as others have recommended, see your physician to get his advice, perhaps a medication might help, and you should probably also seek the counsel of a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist.

• Brigid
    Brigid

I know this sounds trite when the weight of the world seems to rest upon your shoulders; your Tower has crumbled around you. But the best advice I can give you is what helps me when things are too "big".....get very quiet, listen to and feel your breath as it rises and falls in and out of your chest....as you sit or lay quiet and still. Feel and know that you are

How can you be free? My friend, it is as simple (and as complex) as opening your "eyes" and realizing that you are. You are free--you always have been and you always will be.

"This body is not me, I am free, for I am still as "God" created me" is a mantra that I often use.

Love and Light to you,

~Brigid

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

blue pain....fades until it doesn't fade

in my experience

• Brigid
    Brigid
    blue pain....fades until it doesn't fade

That is so very beautifully and concisely put, tijkmo.

• jgnat
    jgnat

blue pain sounds like a really good pair of Jeans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit