How can I be free ?

by youcanhaveago 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

How can you be free? My friend, you are already free. Unfortunately at this time, because of your loss, you do not realize just how wonderful this freedom will become. Depression is a natural occurence to loss. Own your depression, allow yourself to feel it for a little while. When you've had enough of your melancholy and sadness, cast your memory back to when you were a kid or a teenager--remember the things that you always wanted to try but the org kept you from doing them and then go do them.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Or freedom can be like removing a cast or body brace. The freedom to move and breathe and itch is wonderful. Of course, all that tender skin suddenly exposed to the elements can be momentarily painful....but who wants to put the brace/cast back on?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Welcome to the board, youcanhaveago, you have many good-hearted people here who are ready to support you, as you have already seen. Please read our post histories and bios, and get to know many of the folks here and what we are about. You will learn that you are not alone in what you are going through, and that things will get better if you give it time.

I agree with others that this is too big of a thing to try and get through on your own. Professional therapy is the best thing I did for myself.

Much love,

Good Girl/Bad Girl

• exwitless
    exwitless

In case this hasn't already been suggested: Read In Search of Christian Freedom by Raymond Franz. This book helped me to not feel guilty about leaving "the truth"; he really puts it in the right perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit