Saw My Mother!!!

by RichieRich 43 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I was on my way home today, and I passed my mother on the road.

Tears came to my eyes immediately, just at the sight of her face.

I hate this religion.

but I love my mom.

I can't even remember, when the last time we spoke was.

I just want to sit down and talk to her, but I can't- I won't- because its her fault. I left a religion, she left her son. Someone has to pay, and at the moment, it appears to be me.

• Confession
    Confession

You're both paying, Richie. As I'm sure you know, it's just that your mom thinks her estrangement from you is justified and necessary. It's sick and sad. I know how you feel.

• deeskis
    deeskis

(((Richie)))

It's a bad feeling. I remember pulling over and vomiting at the side of the road after an encounter with my parents.

Hang in there, let your feelings out here to people who understand. My parents came round, and your mum may too. Just keep achieving in your life........

Best wishes

Dee

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Dear Richie-If you lived near me in WA, I'd mother the heck out of you. Just ask my 18 year old! What is the saying? Friends are God's way of making up for your family. Or something like that. I am sorry for the estrangement. She may just come around some day. I always wanted a red-haired son. Live well, be happy--in your mom's heart of hearts, that is what she wants for you-right now she just doesn't understand that her version of happy will not make you happy. Take care. Forgive my 'triteness'. I mean it all and wish you well and happy.

• Sheri
    Sheri

Richie,

Try to remember that your mother is brain washed and currently can't help herself. I say kill them with Love. Send her flowers for no reason other than to say "I love You Mom". If your Mom has a wedding anniversary send a card and flowers with Note I Love You Both. Don't overdo it but still feel free to express love, regardless of the rejection. You might be surprised it will make you feel good because you are expressing love with out conditions and it just may tug at her heart.

If she contacts you in any manner not to send your Love then just reply with another love note and don't debate with her. I am sorry for your pain but you will be the better person in the long run and have self respect.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

• bem
    bem

Richie reading this makes my heart go out to you and every "child" thats parent left them. And makes me appreciate seeing my kids and I get ever closer after the wt years.Sorry for what you are going through, and it is true we can select families that are better to us because they want to be.

Dorothy

• avishai
    avishai

((((((Richie))))))

For some reason I'm reminded of the scene in "The Crow" (both the comic and the movie, the scene is nearly identical) Where Eric Draven Grabs the heroin addict mom and says "Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children, Do you understand?"

And then the drugs just drain out of her arm.

Would that I could do that for you right now, my friend. But religion is more fucked than Heroin.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You had the courage to leave the cult at such a young age and now you have your freedom, they are trying to have their revenge by disrupting your family but you shouldn't let them. Eventually your parents will come round.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Richie,

I am ssooo sorry for what u must endure. I was in your shoes 23 years ago. My jw mom speaks to me now. Sometimes, I wish she wouldn't. Don't get me wrong. I do love her. Just keep being you!!

bighug

• happehanna
    happehanna

It must be sometimes unbearable as you knew it would be!

I agree with Sheri You love your mum and at any and every chance show her.

Look after yourself Richie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit