Saw My Mother!!!

by RichieRich 43 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Richie,

Read the book Releasing The Bonds by Steven Hassan. This book deals with leaving a cult, helping loved ones trapped in a cult, and understanding how cults work. You may not be able to help your Mother come to her senses and leave, but you may be able to help her come through and be on speaking terms again.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Let me start out by thanking all of you.

My original intention in starting this thread was really just to share my feelings.

Honestly, I am still so consumed with hurt, that I don't feel the necessity to go to my mother.

I love her, and I miss her. But I've already forfeited so much to this religion, I feel that any further investments in my relationship with my mother at the moment will be a waste.

I hope that one day we will both sit down with a glass of her delicious sweet tea, and recount all that we've missed, and make up for lost time, and bitter feelings.

But that day is long off.

Just curious, where does your dad stand in this situation?

My father and I still speak on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes we meet for a meal somewhere, and just talk. Although he supports my decision to leave the JWs, he doesn't regard apostates and this board or it's activities very highly. He won't expose himself to our world, because he too, fears change. He thinks Ex JWs just have an axe to grind and will use anyone or anything to do their bidding. That's his opinion though, and I respect that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'd feel sad, too, Richie. My sister is almost like a mother to me, she is 8 years older. If I saw her, it would break my heart. You never know how things might change. Your mom might come out someday. I can't imagine her not missing you so terribly one day that it causes her to stop and really ponder all of this.

• startingover
    startingover

Richie

Glad to hear you still have your dad. I can also appreciate your feelings as regard your mom. Hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit