Bizarre November 2006 KM

by yakata 71 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the board. Thank you for your post and for helping us to understand this difficult information by downloading the very "healthful words" of the FDS to us. Let me see if I have this right.........

NO, I WILL NOT EAT THAT WHOLE PIZZA!!! Well, maybe if you take the pepperoni off and cut a portion into small pieces for me, thank you.

NO! I WILL NOT TAKE WHOLE BLOOD!!! Well, O.K., maybe just a fraction, thank you.

Yes, now it makes sense.

• blondie
    blondie

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time they have mentioned that some fractions are made from other people's (expired) donated blood (such as hemoglobin-based products such as Polyheme).

Do not donate or store their own blood…Of course, many fractions are derived from blood that has been donated for medical purposes.
  • garybuss
    garybuss

Interesting that the Jehovah's Witnesses wrote a 4 page commentary about how the Jewish dietary laws relate to modern medical treatment but not a 4 page commentary about how the Jewish dietary laws relate to modern eating. I wonder why that was.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I wonder how many JWs have died because they didn't know they could accept tagging...

And what effective alternatives to the Epidural Blood Patch are available to relieve a Post Dural Puncture Headache?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

What I see on their list regarding the blood issue is.

It is plainly displayed that THE BIBLE CONDEMNS BLOOD.

Then a long list of "conscious decisions" to confuse the jw.

That also are usable in a COURT OF LAW to protect the

WBTS and to hell with the jw believer.

Outoftheorg

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

So, if a JW's conscience will permit them to accept all these fractions--especially the ones made from Hemoglobin (which makes up 33 per cent of the red blood cells)--then there really would be no reason for any JW to die because of the blood issue anymore? Right? Or, am I missing something?

Of course, there will be JWs who will decide they can't accept some of the fractions. But, if a JW accepts all these fractions as permissable then they can do this and not be disfellowshipped.

Or am I reading too much into this?

• Warlock
    Warlock

cab,

It seems to me, that as long as you do not accept a TRANSFUSION, the rest is CONSCIENCE.

Here is MY problem: If blood, when removed from the body, is supposed to be poured out on the ground, how can ANYONE accept blood fractions OF ANY SORT?

Warlock

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    "How Do I View Blood Fractions and Medical Procedures Involving My Own Blood?"

The title of the article really flies in the face of those who would claim that the WTS simply presents information to JW's and they simply choose to act in accordance with the advice given. There is no choice here. Right from the get-go it's "Here's what you think".

• rassillon
    rassillon

We as Jehovah's Witnesses guided by our bible trained conscience find it unacceptable to eat alphabet soup. No matter how hungry we are.

BUT

We can eat the individual letters from alphabet soup in the following list (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z) if our conscience allows us.

We cannot by any means eat someone elses alphabet soup

If while we are eating we vomit some alphabet soup we can eat that.

By doing this we bring praise and honor to our GOD Jehovah.

We are TRUE christians because we don't eat alphabet soup! Prais Jah!

-r

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Quandry,

It is more like:

No! I will not eat that whole pizza! I will not even accept the four major slices you have cut it into! But if you "fraction it" I can eat the whole thing. What do you mean "the four slices are fractions?" They are COMPONENTS, not fractions! You have to FRACTION it before I can eat it. And even then, I will pick and choose which fractions I will eat. But I could eat any of them, up to 100% of the pizza. But I will NEVER eat the whole pizza in its unfractioned form lest God reject me from before his face and my family and friends stop talking to me.

If they aren't trained in the medical field there is very little chance that they will understand ANY of this.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit