What are you doing this weekend? Is life less interesting now?

by eyeslice 30 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Eyeslice, not having the guilt associated with not doing a damn thing means a lot to me! I don't have to explain to anyone (who is not my spouse or mother or something of that nature) why I'm just enjoying sitting here at the computer playing word games, writing responses to apostates on the web, looking at R-rated movies, looking at Disney movies, wearing what I want to wear, not reading the Watchtower, not going to the meetings, and on and on.

It's better. It would of been a lot better if I had a done this in my twenties. (Stopping the mind control.)

• mouthy
    mouthy

www.juanitawilkins.com I will be going to hear this EX jw & her band Nr Clifford ont. There are 5 of us exs going withthree of there mates. Should be fun to meet up again.

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Went to dinner tonight with Mr. Bee and another couple - nice evening. Tomorrow on our own - probably a yoga class for me, golf for him and a quiet evening with wine and a good dinner. Then Mr. Bee leaves for Oregon on Sunday for a golf tournament, I have my daughter-in-law's baby shower. Then I fly up to join him the following Saturday, then a road trip through Washington, Idaho, Canada, Montana, Colorado - or wherever our fancy takes us - exploring nature, museums, sights.

Is life less interesting? Not at all. Life is larger, much more interesting, with potential for pursuing travel, friendships, hobbies, reading, sports, culture, entertainment, personal creativity and introspection. Most of this was not possible as a witness. Being a witness was the most incredibly boring lifestyle imaginable.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Are you kidding? Muchos better. Every few weeks Mr Frass and I do a weekend away, and we have the time to go riding every week too. This morning we just flew home from a quick trip. I've got to do some homework (which is the story of my life for the next five years) but we're going out tonight and tomorrow we're working together on our charity project.

Ummm okay yes this year I definitely missed out on skiing because I didn't put together a decent posse to go up the hill with, and I used to tag along on a few JW ski trips and arranged a few myself. But as it happens this year was the worst season in twenty years, so I didn't miss anything. Next year I'll live two hours from Australia's best resort and I'll hopefully get a snow apostafest together, that would be brilliant. But besides that, I love that my friends and acquaintances now don't all start their conversations with some lame JW conversation opener, and that they're my friends because we like each other, not through an accident of geography.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Good lord I never thought of life as a jw being full...full of crap maybe (not meant to offend) but I do think that life on the outside is way more interesting. I can do more, have more interests, do ordinary stuff without guilt of I'm not doing enough for jehovah.

I like it better out here than in there.

Josie

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Have to go to work on Saturday, long day.... On Sunday, it's studying (college courses) and then a dance party in the evening. I have to say that my social life is busier now, I am still meeting a lot of people and making friends. I can also say that I don't miss the kingdom hall, the conditional "friends", nor the "busy" work. I feel a lot more fulfilled doing the things I'm doing now and can appreciate how much I've been blessed since I left. One more thing, I want to thank all of you for sharing your experiences, joys, disappointments and all those encouraging tidbits of information. It really helped me to rid myself of the small remaining tentacles of the societies grip on my life and allowed me to go forward unbridled. Definitely sped up the adjustment period to just a few months.... I wish I could buy you all a round at the pub.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

But none of you guys seem to be doing anything to help other people. I am not complaining about my life now but it is different. I used to think that being a JW gave me the opportunity to be with the elderly and sick in the congregation and to be there as a support and example for others. Perhaps I need to do some voluntary work.

• juni
    juni

Granny Grace,

Did you behave yourself at such a gathering? Did they pass you around in the mosh pit?

Love you sweetie And take something for that hangover!

Juni

Never goin' to have as much fun as Granny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit