What are you doing this weekend? Is life less interesting now?

by eyeslice 30 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

So, what are you up to? In some ways lfe as a JW was full - is life now more interesting or more of a chore?

Me? I have businesses to see to tomorrow (Saturday) then perhaps I will go out for a few beers with my wife n Saturday night. Sunday, catch up on a bit of paperwork and then perhaps watch the football (soccer) on the TV at our local pub.

More or less a typical weekend. is your life any more exciting?

Eyeslice

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Well my weekends definitely belong to me now, as opposed to being a JW. Life is definitely more interesting--my daughter and I are getting our Halloween costumes together already.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We will be sharing the household jobs in the morning - shopping, cleaning, washing etc, then I expect I'll be posting on here in the afternoon, then going for a drink with Trev to our local in the evening. Sunday is a lie - in, then one of us will go and pick our friend Marion up as she is coming to dinner. Probably on here after that, and a quiet night in.

Life is less hectic now post - wts, but I wouldn't swap a minute of what I have now to go back to that bs.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

My life is a hell of a lot interesting since I moved out here to Nashville. I don't have any friends yet, so there's noone for me to party with on the weekends. So I'm going to pick up a burger, and a 6 pack on the way home to enjoy alone.

**sigh** This weekend's gonna be reeeaaallly lonely.

~luv, jojo

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Tonight I'm going to set up for my garage sale I'm having tomorrow. And then go to a concert with a couple friends.

Saturday: garage sale. Then I'm going out to listen to some house deejays with a few friends Saturday night.

Sunday I'm going to a show of one of my new favorite bands with my grandma. Grandma is so cool. (Not a dub, that's why.)

Yeah weekends are actually mine now, like love2Bworldly pointed out. They are fun and they are mine and I can do whatever I want!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

My life is a hell of a lot interesting since I moved out here to Nashville. I don't have any friends yet, so there's noone for me to party with on the weekends. So I'm going to pick up a burger, and a 6 pack on the way home to enjoy alone.

**sigh** This weekend's gonna be reeeaaallly lonely.

~luv, jojo

oh jojo, I'm sorry. How long have you lived there? My friends are all from work. They are really good people. I work for a huge company and the average age is 24 or 25. Do you have people you work with or go to school with you could meet? The other thing that works for me is to hang out at coffee shops. People will engage in conversation, approach you to ask about the book you are reading, etc. Good luck! You can come up here and party with me! Or go to the Grand Ol' Opry. :-)

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Tonight is the monthly 'music sharing' gathering of my social anxiety support group (which officially disbanded, but we have all remained very good friends). Once a month we all meet at the former facilitator's home, & each person brings along a CD of music they would like to share (my musical knowledge & appreciation has broadened considerably as a result). Normally there is a theme selected (progressive rock, world music, etc.), but this time we decided in advance to leave it open for everyone to bring & share what they would like. Presently I am debating whether to bring Rick Wakeman's 'Six Wives of Henry VIII' or something by King Crimson (which I have really gotten into lately..)

On Saturday morning is my regular 'standing' appointment for massage at a local alternative-healing center. I enjoy talking with the different practitioners about all sorts of spiritual & metaphysical topics. Very relaxing--not to mention thought-provoking!!!

On Sunday if I haven't made plans with anybody, I may check out a new church, or perhaps go on a long-overdue hike in the mountains. We are really starting to cool off nicely now, & prime hiking season isn't far off

I hope everyone here has a great weekend too

Desert Rat

• daystar
    daystar

Less interesting? Guffaw!! More free it is, for certain.

The JWs make it out like life must end if you leave the Org. Like people out here are hopeless and void, and that simply is not the case. We are free to follow our passions, just as my god would want us to.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I would definitily say it is NOT more of a chore. I consider going out in service, than studying Watchtower, then going to meeting and back out in service a chore.

I am helping to move my brother into his new house, and we are having a garage sale on Saturday and then hopefully Sunday, I can stay home all day and work on my own projects, like putting the baby room together.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Tonight I am going to a neighbors birthday party at the local bar. Hubby is out of town refereeing H.S. football game . Tomorrow will be clean the house day and get groceries .Visit mom and dad . Later in the eve we have been invited to a Greek Festival w/dinner and wine tasteing . Sunday , I will probably go to the church down the street , then do my cleaning job , come home for movie and Pizza . Nothing more exciting than what we use to do as dubs ....just now there is no side dish of guilt to go with .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit