What's the most "personal" information an elder ever ask you?

by JH 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• morty
    morty
    I'm so glad I left those crazy nutty people.

That's a big 10-4 Minu...sorry you had to live with that crazyness.Alot here will understand and know where you are coming from.....They are all wack jobs if you ask me....

welcome to the board...

• Honesty
    Honesty

I got asked the same thing as JH before becoming an MS.

Then they asked again. "Are you sure? Because if you do, you know you can get help. There was a brother that had a problem with that, and now he's okay."

"No....."

I felt violated. Stay out of my life, you sickos!!

Unbelievable!!!

I got the same right before they appointed me a MS, too.

I wish I had known this is SOP for the Watchtower because I would have declined their offer to be on the Servant Body and DA'd 10 years earlier.

SICK PERVERTS

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I was armed with the knowledge of what they'd ask, and got it over with quickly. All three of them wrote it down in their big files and we got on with the business of destroying my family.

Had to add: when it was over, as I was leaving the room I thanked them. Now I wish many things, like that I'd pulled all the library books off the shelves and overturned some furniture; but the only real mistake of my life was my baptism.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

After we were married about 6 months one of our so called friends decided to cause trouble and reported us for messin around before we were married.

Resulted in jc and them asking what we did before we were married.

We refused to tell them anything. So glad for that now, at the time we were really worried we weren't doing what Jehovah would want us to do.

I think they get their fantasies from these stories and go home and wack off.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I had an older brother try to take advantage of me when I was a teenager. Several years later I discussed it with a Bethel elder due to some emotional difficulties I had over it. He decided a meeting needed to be formed, not with the older brother, but with me. The elders wanted to know if I had enjoyed the sexual advances, which really upset me during a time that I really needed comfort and understanding.

• under_believer
    under_believer

jwfacts, that is wholly unbelievable. I mean I believe you, and nothing should shock me anymore, but that one just blows me away.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

a question for some ex-elders here, did the society provide any professional training for dealing with people and emotional problems?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

jwfacts:

I had an older brother try to take advantage of me when I was a teenager. Several years later I discussed it with a Bethel elder due to some emotional difficulties I had over it. He decided a meeting needed to be formed, not with the older brother, but with me. The elders wanted to know if I had enjoyed the sexual advances, which really upset me during a time that I really needed comfort and understanding.

I'm so sorry for the experience - one day you might want to share (when we're together) who the bastards were.

We have some stories to share together, methinks, of the terrible things done in the name of "Jehovah's organisation?"

ozzie

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Ozzie,

Even though I had done nothing wrong I ended up having to tell my story to three different elders, all Bethel elders (back when there was such a thing), and you would know all of them very well. I look forward to getting together, maybe when you get back from Cambodia so I can see your photos.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Were you really raped? And did you yell?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit