Agent Smith's story

by AgentSmith 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum. How wonderful that you and your wife have each other. It must be tough for those on the forum who are alone. Who else could really understand our backgrounds but someone else who was "there" at one time with us.

• ania
    ania
    And then I found this forum. I was not alone. There were others with the same feelings and with very similar experiences as my own. I feel relieved to finally be able to speak my mind. Thank you to those who started this forum.

Welcome Agent smith

I felt like that too, and had a very similar experience at school. But i am sooo glad i do not live in a war afflicted country...i am so very lucky to live in such a beautiful free country

Realy enjoyed reading your story You should think about writing a book one day (about your life)

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Thank you everyone for the kind welcome. Yes Linda, it was very therapeutic. It felt SOOO good to vent!

I am in Cape Town. And bubbles, SA beef is yummy righ?

Thanks again.....

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Love your style of writing - that was a pleasure to read. Welcome Mr and Mrs AgentSmith

• Gill
    Gill

Agent Smith! Welcome, welcome and welcome again!

What a great history you have. I'm so glad you have escaped the Witnesses. Don't be afraid to stand up to your father anymore. You know exactly what he is!

Hope to hear much more from you and kind regards to your wife also!

Gill

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

welcome to the board and your new family here!!

shelley

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thank you Agent for that story - yes it is good to know that there are 'others' out here isn't it?

SO many common themes in your perspective - the '75 cover up, looking for the love in one congregation after another, the hypocricy among those 'taking the lead' [though admittedly I assume this is no better in most churches], the abusive relationships, the utter refusal to admit that many 'principles' and practices are not scriptural. These same themes led us out 3 years back.

We look forward to seeing more of your comments here.

Jeff

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi Agent Smith, and thank you for your story, somehow I could even hear your accent... I'm glad for you and your wife, it's always great to hear that nice people do get out!

• deeskis
    deeskis

Welcome to the board.........thanks for sharing your story.

• read good books
    read good books

Thankyou agent Smith. It's great to hear from ex-JW's from around the world, your experiences growing up JW, physical abuse with the blessings of the elders, and the society railing against college and then later elders saying they didn't say you couldn't go, all part of my repetoire of bad JW experiences, similar childhoods though half a world away. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit