If Money Were No Object, What Hobby(s) Would You Pursue?

by Stephanus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

International ski bunny of mystery!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I would take flight lessons and learn more a lot of musical instruments.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I would learn how to fly, to pilot, a small jet and use it to travel around the world, seeing places is another favourite of mine along with the desire to fly. But in real life that is an awfully expensive hobby.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

cryogenics

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

What a cool topic.

Well, if money were no object, I'd collect antique books. I think I'd collect Tiffany lamps and Craftsman furniture, too, and Art Nouveau jewelry – basically the same stuff my parents used to collect, only not the classic cars.

And travel – not just sight-seeing, but brain-picking with distant mentors. I'd hang out in New Orleans and environs and get my fill of Spiritual Church services. I'd camp out in the British Museum.

If money and stamina were no object, I'd also take up glassblowing. And several instruments. But now time becomes the limiting factor.

gently feral

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

First I would pursue 'restoring' my fortyish body--hire a personal trainer, get in awesome shape, lots of spa treatments, remove all the purple veins from my legs--then I would travel to places with beautiful beaches where I could wear a skimpy bathing suit and look awesome!

Then I would do some kind of a non-profit company that helps foster kids become independent and go to college.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Hot Air Balloning. That is some fun stuff.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I'd get my pilot's license and fly my favorite plane around to meet y'all.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Travelling the world...then I would find a nice little piece of land in some remote corner of Cochise County (southeastern Arizona), raise a few animals, & also have a well-equipped shop on the property where I could tinker with & restore vintage automobiles such as old Porsches, V12 Ferraris, maybe an Aston-Martin & a Lancia or two. Part of the time I would lead spiritual retreats or meditation groups into the surrounding mountains..

I would also collect exotic birds (esp a hyacinth macaw), every book, CD, & DVD I have ever wanted, as well as a few Mayan artifacts. That's just the beginning..

Isn't it fun to fantasize???

DR

• uninformed
    uninformed

I'd like to buy a motor home and travel to a few dozen National and State Parks. I would love to see the United States real close for about a year.

Then, I would go live in the prettiest place I found, buy an airplane and several motorcycles of different kinds and just sit back and enjoy life.

Seeker 4-- I have been a pilot since the mid 70's. I love flying. What did you fly and how much time do you have?

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit