Muslims demonstrate that they are not violent by firebombing churches

by Elsewhere 78 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Not ALL muslims are Terrorists, but to date, all Terrorists have been Muslim!

Timothy McVeigh was Muslim?

Eric Rudolph was Muslim?

The KKK claimed to be a Christian organization that used terror to spread their message. They might not be in the news as much, but they still exist.

• lowden
    lowden

I'm sure that the idea of living under this type of Islamic Law chills us all to the bone but it's not much different to what Ancient Israelites were subjected to.

Not much different to the world we hoped for and so zealously preached about.

Whiskey anyone??

Lowden

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I wonder if they (fanatic Muslims) donned the same superiorty( Blackhawks, Drones, F-16's,Raptors, M1 Tanks, Stealth Fighters, Trident Subs, etc) as USA, if they'd attempt to make us all Moslems. All indications are that the would.

You'll drink from this cup you infidel and like it, or die. But I dontwanna

All we want to do is spread our funloving democracy all over like suntan oil.

Dismembered

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Elsewhere,

Historically Jews and Christians could live freely under Muslim rule. That was the case in Southern Spain until the Catholic Reconquista drove both Muslim and Jews out of the country. One oft-mentioned factor in the rapid spread of Islam is that the Arab/Muslim leaders were known as fierce warriors and fair rulers.

I spent one month in Iran 10 years ago (under the Islamic Republic) and visited synagogues and churches (Armenian, Chaldean, etc.). The only churches which were seriously controlled were the Protestant, farsi-speaking, churches which were foreign-run and aimed at converting Muslims. Yet even those were not totally banned. There is still a significant Zoroastrian community which is fully recognised.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Now check out what al-Qaeda is saying in an attempt to demonstrate that this statement is false: "We will break up the cross, spill the liquor and impose head tax, then the only thing acceptable is a conversion (to Islam) or (killed by) the sword."

I hope you don't think an "al Qaeda-linked extremist group" is the voice of Islam now? If over a billion Muslims were following this, well...do I even have to finish this thought for you?

I also notice the article quoted said:

The authenticity of the statement could not be independently verified.

And as to non-Muslims having to pay a special tax that Muslims don't have to pay in an Islamic state, I believe this is also supposed to make them exempt from military service. And you didn't mention the tax Muslims pay that non-Muslims don't.

I don't mind protests, but for things to turn violent is just wrong.I'm afraid they feel threatened and under attack in much the same way as many of you here feel threatened by them. And yes, I am glad you are not violently rioting when you feel threatened...but I do worry about what is going on beneath your calm exteriors, reflected in your words agains Muslims, and how that may be externalized in the future...

The article Mary shared was interesting. Yes, there are reasons people turn to violent protests and terrorism, however wrong it is to do so. And all too often the rest of us would rather overlook these reasons than do anything to solve the root problems which, imo, is far more political than religious.

"Participants in terror tend to be men in their twenties or thirties who are ferociously angry because of powerful feelings of humiliation" (emphasis mine), he wrote. He identified a few potential sources of such humiliation, such as a lack of political and economic opportunity, then added that terrorists strongly identify with a group, society or culture they perceive as oppressed or exploited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqbDiN2uYcQ

~Megan

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I hope you don't think an "al Qaeda-linked extremist group" is the voice of Islam now?

What I do know is that Osama Bin Laden enjoys popular support in the Middle East.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I'm sure that the idea of living under this type of Islamic Law chills us all to the bone but it's not much different to what Ancient Israelites were subjected to.

Not much different to the world we hoped for and so zealously preached about.

Whiskey anyone??

Lowden

I think that this is a good point. Is the problem that the protesters are muslim, or that they are fundamentalists? We all know the damage that fundamentalists can cause from our own experiences with the watchtower, but does that cause us to campaign against all Christianity? The Islamic fundamentalists only represent a minority (even if they can have a large effect), so should we make blanket statements about muslims in general? I think that the problem is not what the people believe, but the way that they practice it. Christian fundamentalists can be just as destructive as Islamic fundamentalists. Perhaps we should concentrate more on peoples actions than their beliefs.

• barry
    barry

The Catholic Archbishop in Sydney has announced that the actions by muslims proves the correctness of the quote by the Pope.

Some Muslim leaders have gone on record and said the Muslim community does have a problem.

I beleive the straight talking political leaders in Australia may have had an influence on more moderate muslims here in Australia.

Is some of the problems with the Muslim people actually caused by the BS political correctness.? And to many Muslim people isnt Political correctness just confusing to them?

I propose the best solution is one of honesty and they have to accept what we say, while we have to accept their opinions without threats or violence.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i have no answer to this problem...

but i do so love a bit of irony

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit