The most annoying issues you found within the organization were ...

by The wanderer 41 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer
    The things that seemed to bother us the most

Before leaving the organization there were a number of
    things that used to bother me within the organization.
    For example, the time that the organization use to
    absorb, it seemed that I gave more than I received
    in return.

Some of the things that may have bothered you

Think back to the time when you were one of Jehovah's
    Witnesses. What was one of the main issues that you
    found most annoying? As formerly described it was the
    time issue for me. What about you?

Please post one or two of the primary irritations when
    you were one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• heathen
    heathen

Tho I was never a full fledged dubling I had my share of pet peeves about the cult . First and foremost was the need to wear a suit all the time , the way they act when you show dissent , (they get down right insulting) . They do some stuff that I call play acting on the stage as if to insinuate things about individuals . The way everything they say has to start with the words - " The society says" ........blah blah blah . They could really put the mind F@#$ on , the home bible study is not really a home bible study as much as it is about a study in current WTBTS dogma , it's more of a brainwashing than an actual spiritual event .

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

just how JUDGED you were by the amount of time you put on the little piece of paper you turned in every month.

i worked my BUTT off for Jehovah and it was NEVER EVER ENOUGH

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The lack of love was a big thing for me. They say they are an organisation based on love, yet shun people for leaving, allow child abusers to continue in good standing, and often re - victimise the victims.

• greendawn
    greendawn

No freedom of speech, and no charitable loving spirit among many other things. The ambience didn't feel right with such abberations going on.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

I would like to thank the individuals on this board
    for sharing their experiences and taking the time
    to post them.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• Morocco
    Morocco

The whole thought control was pretty annoying. Dont think about this, dont think about that... dont have sex in this way, dont do this to your own body which we don't even own, dont reason this or that... wow crap I forgot Jesus was a drone that followed the Jewish Law to the letter... thats why they must have been mad at him.

• integ
    integ

There are sooooo many to mention, that I wouldn't know where to begin. One thing I can say is that my name happens to be:

Robert Uecker.

• Moomin
    Moomin

I don't get it :(

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

1. The disdain most Witnesses had for anything "worldly." Many felt and acted superior to great literature, music, art, architecture, you name it. Some idiot who couldn't tell his elbow from his arse felt qualified to put things down simply because it didn't originate in Watchtower world.

2. I came to feel that field service was a waste of time and hugely counter-productive in that it pissed off 1000 people for every one person that it attracted. I began to realize that the arrogance of the method - "I have the truth, you poor soul, and you DON'T! So listen to ME!" ? made it a horrible way to try to spread the most important message of all time.

The overall hectic life and the time required are a given.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit