The most annoying issues you found within the organization were ...

by The wanderer 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Dress code, for starters.

• Moomin
    Moomin

False assumptions and the lack of trust. It was as though they believed that everyone was chomping at the bit hoping to get away with something they shouldn't do and if it weren't for the tight reigns, all hell would break loose.

What about the people who actually wanted to try and do God's will without being falsed into it by rules and laws?

• garybuss
    garybuss

My boss was a jerk, his boss was a jerk. I found out I was working for a company of jerks.

• material BOY
    material BOY

my big hate was the obsession with demons!

demons this demons that! if you did not make it to the hall it was satan! if sombody did not want to talk on the doors coz they were busy well that was the demons! give me a break!

• earthtone
    earthtone

Ditto Material Boy... I can't even watch a scary movie still, I'm so scared still.

Also skirt length. I've seen many skirts and skirt suits that were just fine, but because they did not go below my knee when sitting, I was always made to feel like a big sinner or immoral for wearing them. Oh and having to wear nylons all the freakiing time!

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Heck there was loads. I can't remember if it was in thw witchtower or said on the platform, do a household really need two incomes. Yeah I'm busting my guts out you bastards for being pressured to follow that advice.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Anything not approved by wts was demonized or possesed.

No real true loyal friendships allowed, if you spoke your heart you get turned in and go before the committee and maybe god forbid get df'd

Ham

• blondie
    blondie

wait on Jehovah

the elders are only imperfect men

the end is near (1879), the end is near (1914), the end is near (1920).......

Blondie

• PoppyR
    PoppyR
    My boss was a jerk, his boss was a jerk. I found out I was working for a company of jerks

LMAO..

I love these threads because it reminds me how happy I am to be out.

I hate the way they are so NEGATIVE about people in the world. I've found many 'worldly' people to be shockingly nice, friendly, caring and loving, unlike many JWs.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

For me it was time also. As a working mom, it was hard to do all the things I was supposed to. I once figured out that if I did everything the society wanted me to, I would have maybe 15 minutes a week of
    me time". Then I had health and family problems, and it became impossible to even do the little I was doing. I just gave up, I got tired of feeling guilty all the time and never feeling like it was enough. I drifted for about 10 years with only sporadic meeting attendance before I made a break.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit