The most annoying issues you found within the organization were ...

by The wanderer 41 Replies latest jw friends

• parlay
    parlay

The arrogant superior attitude of those with titles hidden behind fake humility.

The fact that we were to tell others to do things that we couldn't do.(question the origin of their religion and beliefs, etc.)

The phony smiles and imitation friendliness.

The do as I say and don't question me attitude of Brooklyn.

And their never being willing to say "We made a mistake and we're sorry."

• target
    target

After I stopped going to meetings, I realized that the majority of what was in my closet was for meetings. Clothes I wore only for meetings. How much money I had spent for numerous shoes and clothes and jewelry that seldom gets used now. And all the suits for my husband. What a waste of money! He works at Home Depot. He does not need any of the suits and ties. I have no desire to dress up anymore. 30 years of it was enough.

Target

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Oh and having to wear nylons all the freakiing time!

This must be a regional thing since the women dont always wear nylons here and nobody says anything.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Gossip

Dictating who you can date

TM talks

pioneers

calling everything pagan or idolatry

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I found the majority of the Witnesses really bland. The goals were stupid. The opinions were silly. The only passion they had for anything was forced Watchtower interests. I just started to think of them all as dead people.

Shel

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hey GBL how are you getting on, long time no see.

Being in the JWs means that you will have no choice as to who rules over you which means any incompetent jerk could be making vital decisions about your life, supposedly jehovah chooses them so they have to be good, they have theocracy and not democracy the usual old testament obsolete stuff.

They never understood the wisdom of at least accepting advice and suggestions from many directions since they can't possibly know everything.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The spy system. Or as I thought of it at the time-Narking. For some reason it is our duty to tattle on people?? And the reproof thing was humiliating. They never come out and say why, they insinuate (and often go beyond the original issue making the person look WORSE)in a talk about what the problem is. So rude. And dresses for women, and ties for men-what are those things but mens rules? Do they think Jesus put on a suit after his 40 days in the Wilderness-or his best robe? I doubt any of those guys were more worried about hygiene than the Law required (which was pretty rudimentary).

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Loss of idenity, the constant nitpicking to conform

Waste of time. Meetings, service, conventions........The waste of time just driving around in service, blaming it on the householders....they are not interested, not home,

• Gordy
    Gordy

Well I was going to put a reply .....but after reading through all the posts I think everything I was thinking of has been covered. So it looks like we are all of the same mind and thought.

One thing that annoyed me was when they had "demonstrations" either at the KH or assemblies. They were so unrealistic.

The householder was always so nice and perfect and listened to every word the JW said. Always accepting the magazines or book.

The family having the "family study" all the children so perfect and eager to answer.

While I'm here the subject of beards was mentioned.

A friend of mine who often engages JW's in conversation when he sees them. Was talking to one a couple of weeks ago middle-aged guy.

My friend said as he was talking to him he thought there was something wrong, but couldn't think what it was.

After the JW had gone he realised what it was the JW had a BEARD!!

He said he could have kicked himself for missing it. Would have asked how come he had a beard.

My friend has been on the look out since then hoping to see the JW somewhere around.

• Moomin
    Moomin

My friend has been on the look out since then hoping to see the JW somewhere around.

lol

I hated the slapping sounds of the kids getting hit all the time by their parents, for not sitting still for 2 hours. Once there was a talk about it and I was relieved as I thought they were going to tell them off for going overboard.

The elder began his talk with the slant of going against hitting, but then he did a turnaround halfway though by using the scripture about disciplining with the rod and said how its okay to hit your child and should be encouraged for their benefit.

I'm not sure but I think its against the law (uk) to hit your child if it leaves a mark?

My friend would hit her 5 year old very often and I think it taught him that if you are cross with someone then you hit them. He was a very angry and violent little boy, always getting into trouble at school for randomly punching the other kids. Once he punched me very hard in the stomach, I was so mad I almost throttled him. (more violence!).

My friend attracted a lot of attention. During the meeting, if she got annoyed with her child, she would shoot straight up from her seat and point to the back of the hall with a fierce look on her face. Her son would be beetroot red and cower on his chair. She would continue to stand there pointing until he moved. It was so embarrasing!

When he reluctantly got up from his chair, she would snatch him by his arm and drag him outside, he would be screaming by this point. After a while he would come back in, all sweaty and stressed with a tear stained face. He really seemed to go through a lot.

One of the worst things was even when he was off school due to illness, he still got dragged out on the field service. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit