• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

POINTLESS

• xjwms
    xjwms

repeat

Repeat

REPEAT

How many times do they say the word SOON?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its one of the few places where watching a moth bang itself to death on a lightbulb is interesting and you even envy the moth.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Slim, I hope you post your description of meetings on this board. I'm curious what your conclusions are. Many of ours would be biased because of our distaste for Jehovah's spiritual feast.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Words alone do not do the meetings justice. They must be experienced

Warlock, I totally agree. I think all petty criminals should be sentenced to 1 year as a jw, and 3 years for a second offense. There wouldn't be a third offence.

Total, mind - numbing boredom would be the only way I could describe the meetings.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

hmmm, let me see.

M - monotonous

E - endlessly long

E- "error" filled

T - Tiresome

I - inaccurate

N - nonsensical

G- grotesque

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Watchtower Discussion Meeting- An article is read one or two paragraphs at a time. Each paragraph contains JW spin on scriptures or doctrine. After each reading, the question on this paragraph is read. The question should be rhetorical because it so obviously points to a sentence in the paragraph, which someone will read, as the answer. When this happens, the overseer will remind people to put things in their own words, never actually saying ".... in your own thoughts, no. Use the WT thoughts, but in your own words," but everyone will know what he means. Each lesson will contain several ideas which cannot be supported by scripture, but scriptures will be put in parenthesis next to these ideas, so each person who is too lazy to look them up will assume the WT writer has God's support from the scriptures. Once-in-a-while (times vary), a life-changing all-important doctrinal "adjustment" will be included within a sub-heading. All readers should immediately adjust their thinking to adapt to this new understanding, and if you have any questions, don't write them down, but wait a few years and it will all be clear to you (or you will have forgotten your question).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Since I am thick I thought I would be in a good position to write such a description.

I did actually write such a description a year or so ago. I will see if I can find it.

I found a page that explains thick description:

http://hypergeertz.jku.at/GeertzTexts/Thick_Description.htm

Slim

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their KHs are centres of brainwashing and mind conditioning and of an education that enslaves rather than liberate. None of their elders are trained in religion, they are incompetent laymen so what do you expect?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I couldn't describe the meetings at all. They weren't meetings anyway, just indoctrination sessions.

I'm glad I won't be experiencing any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit