Is It true what they say about you?

by OUTLAW 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

JWs can say what they like about their being happy! They don't know or have forgotten what true happiness is.

Your'e right there Ian. The ones brought up in it have only ever known that life, and people like me, who joined as an adult, do tend to forget what their life was like pre - borg. Personally, I've never been happier than I am now. I'm a happy apostate, and proud of it!

Linda

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hey Outlaw, I've heard tell that you're some crazy cabin-dwelling mountain man who'd rather starve than let his pets go hungry while snowed in during winter - is it true what they're saying? If so, you're more soft-hearted than hard-headed - those're the kind of people I like to have postin' 'round here!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    you're more soft-hearted than hard-headed - those're the kind of people I like to have postin' 'round here!

Oh, bloomin' 'eck, Stephanus, don't encourage him!

Ian

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

It must be true. My 16 and 15 yo sons were skateboarding at the school one Sunday. We had police at our door the next day. It is against the law to skateboard, skate, or bike at the school. They now have community service out of this. Had we of stayed in, my sons would be law abiding children. I took them out, and now see how they are. They are criminals.

(yes, their grandmom said this to me. I am now a bad mother, because they no longer have a bible trained upbringing)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Ironic-I mentioned here a few weeks ago how my mom sat me down and asked me how (in spite of certain circumstances) I was so happy! She is JW. I left years ago. First clue!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Steph and Ian,Good morning to you both,Bud`s!..Just sitting here with my tea.Thought I`d check my thread..You both got me laughing..Nice way to start the morning...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not to take your statement too seriously that we are all unhappy, but recently telling some elders why I have great doubts about the Governing Body and doctrines ( actually, no doubts anymore, but the brothers don't know that ) has caused them all to try to give me extra friendly greetings and the PO always asks how I feel now, because I must be spiritually sick. It's been a few weeks now.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I was talking to some still active witnesses the other day. They asked me wasn't I depressed of stressed out.

I told them that I'm not on the easiest path, but I'm on the best one.

And yeah, just for kicks I believe I have done most of the things they expected me to: tattoos, piercings, fornication, debauchery, drunken revelaries- you get the point.

• Kudra
    Kudra

What is debauchery?

I hope I've done it, whatever it is...

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

IMO,

anyone who says that they are happy, happy, happy all the time would probably be the village fool.

We all have concerns, anxieties and problems. Some more than others.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit