What Were You Doing When You Found Out about 9-11 5 Years Ago??

by mama1119 65 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

Everyone has a story about what they were doing and the emotions that followed after the twin towers were hit...what is your story??

• skyking
    skyking

My wife called from school told me to turn on the TV. I was paralyzed watching it all happen, I got goose bumps knowing everything from that time on was going to change.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Doing schoolwork at home on the kitchen table. My dad called from work to tell us what was going on. Turned on the TV while both towers where still up.

• mama1119
    mama1119

My boyfriend at the time called and said something weird was going on with cell phones on planes, they were blowing up...then after watching the news for a while we got more information. I remember being absolutely glued to the TV. i couldn;t believe something like that could actually happen.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

In bed asleep on the West Coast. Phone rang - it was my brother, who happened to be in Florida on business. He said, "You'll never guess what just happened! A plane crashed into the World Trade towers!" We talked a bit and then I went back to bed, thinking it was an accident. Couldn't get it out of mind though. Got up and turned on the TV - just as the second plane hit. Surreal.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was at my mums, and about to go on the ministry when the newsflash came on tv. Needless to say, I didn't go on the ministry after that.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I was sleeping. Worked 2nd shift and went to school but didn't have class on Tuesdays, which is what day of the week it was. My mom or dad came running into my room and told me to come out into the living room. We sat and watched in complete disbelief and horror.

That afternoon when I went to work, everyone was in shock. I worked the front desk of a small airport and there were so many angry stranded travelers. I wanted to tell them it could have been a lot worse than just being stranded for a day... I thought they were being selfish jerks to be so angry that all flights were grounded. So many people had it so much worse than that!

• Gordy
    Gordy

I was on day off from work at home.

Just happened to put radio on and it just said they had reports of plane may have hit WTC.

Put TV on -SKY News- couple minutes later saw the other plane hit the tower.

I just sat there all afternoon watching it in disbelief.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I was driving to work when the announcement came on the radio. I thought it was one of those radio talk show jokes, until I got to work and everyone was gathered in groups, all shocked.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I was actually driving to the airport that morning, supposed to go on a business trip. I watched the first tower get hit on the news and then had to leave for the airport; I listened to the news on the radio and heard about the other tower, but it didn't really hit me until the airport was shut down. I worked for an emergency agency at the time so we were the only state agency that stayed open and I had to go to the office. I did a lot of crying that week, thinking about all the lost lives and how I was trying to board a plane that morning. It really hit home with me, because I kept thinking it could have been my plane. I remember I called my kids' schools to let them know I was not on a plane and to tell my kids I was ok. I felt so emotional. Sometimes I still get a lump in my throat when I think about that day and how close I was to flying that day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit