The Best Revenge as a so called "Apostate" is...HAPPINESS

by Lady Liberty 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Every one is hoping to see trouble in my life so they can say see that is what happens

Exactly Skyking,

It is like they are disappointed when you tell them how great you are doing!

L.L.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Your right Lady Liberty.

They expect people who leave the bOrg, lives to fall apart at the seams. After all isn't that what they are told happens?

As a fader some JWs I know still speak to me. Without a doubt everytime they do I am asked the same question:

Are you happy?

Easy. 100%. Content & happy. I always let them know with a big smile on my face. And watch the look of puzzlement cross their face. It is the best reveng.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I was told I would be unhappy,I would never make it in the outside world..My life would fall apart..That I would be back..WRONG!!!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• dido
    dido

When 2 nosy elders came around to see (check up on me) , they were so surprised at how well i looked, they were expecting, (or hoping) that i would look ill and depressed etc. and were disappointed, (i could tell) that i was doing so well in my life!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

As a fader some JWs I know still speak to me. Without a doubt everytime they do I am asked the same question:

Are you happy?

Dear Misspeaches,

I too have a few friends that still speak to me. Although I am not D'fd, nor D'ad. When they do they always ask, "So.. HOWARE you??" Hoping for a "I'm horrible" reply. But I think my cheerful disposition, and glowing smile is very confusing. I can't help but wonder what they are thinking as they are walking off after we've said our goodbyes. I just giggle to myself and try not to shake my head. It reminds me of the Stepford Wives. Instead, Stepford Witnesses as my best friend always refers to them. I feel like their head is going to start spinning out of control, until someone smacks their "clicker"! (remember their personal control clicker in the movie??) LOLOLO

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Don't you find that when you are asked by a JW how you are doing, they expect you to say.... horrible, terrible, I am so unhappy..blah blah blah. Witing for that kind of reply so they can say in return,"Well if you would only return to Jehovah, and his spirit appointed organization you would be happy again." You know the drill.

If I see a JW I either avoid or ignore them. What do they have to offer me.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Lady - you are right. Here's a funny story that completely backs that up

I was at the grocery store a while back on a Thursday evening and ran into a JW I knew years ago. She asked me how I was, I told her I was doing great. I was almost done with my bachelor's degree, and my son was now in his 2nd year at college, told her about my daughter's gymnastics, and about the house my husband and I had built 3 years ago. All very good things..

so she looks at me with this very sad concerned face - gives me a hug and says "Well....hang in there"

Apparently - I'm not doing very well...

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

so she looks at me with this very sad concerned face - gives me a hug and says "Well....hang in there"

Apparently - I'm not doing very well...

Dear Dawn..

That IS a funny story!! What a joke!

L.L.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm with that all the way. And I'm so much happier now, if only they were still talking to me so I could tell them about it!

have started a web site called the "True Jehovahs Witnesses"

...this sounds like a chinese whisper about your postings here, doesn't it?

• loli
    loli

I once (probably my second or third at the time) was in the hot seat of a judicial committee meeting. I point-blank asked one of the elders about people who leave the org. for good. His reply was that the only way to be able to stay away permanently was to "immerse onesself in sin" HUH?! As if a person is destined to become a substance-abuser/prostitute/thief/murderer. etc. I also have observed the attitude stated that if someone leaves and things go well for them, that is because Satan is rewarding them. If things do not go well with them, that is because Jehovah has withdrawn his blessing from them. Note the flip side for people on the "inside" - when things go well, Jehovah is blessing you. When you come upon hard times, Satan is testing you. Yikes!!! So glad to be out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit