The Best Revenge as a so called "Apostate" is...HAPPINESS

by Lady Liberty 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Good Morning All and Happy Sunday to you and your families....

Don't you find that when you are asked by a JW how you are doing, they expect you to say.... horrible, terrible, I am so unhappy..blah blah blah. Witing for that kind of reply so they can say in return,"Well if you would only return to Jehovah, and his spirit appointed organization you would be happy again." You know the drill.

But does that REALLY happen?? 99% of the time NO! Contrary to what you are taught as a Witness, those that leave are NOT unhappy. The reason is that most realize you can have a relationship with Jehovah WITHOUT the organization!

Personally, the only unhappiness I have is because all of the LIES being spread about me and my familiy from the JWs themselves. Lies like, we are printing and publishing literature, have started a new religon, have started a web site called the "True Jehovahs Witnesses" etc. The treatment from our family that is still brianwshed..that is what gets me down at times. But truely I am so very happy! I know feel like everyone on earth is my brother. And I look at the good others do as something admirable, and acceptable to Jehovah. And each day of life is a blessing now. Instead of looking at it like it is a dread to live another day in this old system, I have a positive outlook. We have been given a wonderful ife, and its up to each one of us what we do with each day. Its all in how you look at things. Sadley, most Witnesses will grow old and die hating the world in which they live. Instead of living each day like a blessing. I find myself looking at life and creation in a whole new way. It is truely refreshing! And in turn, it makes me happy.

So..it is enjoyable to have the oppotunity when asked by a JW how you are, to reply that you have never been better, are so very happy, and tell them of all the postive things going on in your life. They are always so confused by this it always leaves them speechless. It is like a robot who has been given a command that just spins and puffs out of control because it is totally confused with the information. It just doesn't compute!! The look on their face is priceless!

So.. the best revenge for being labeled as an "Apostate" is...Happiness. Wouldn't you agree? What have been your experiences regarding this??

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well, the local jws don't speak to me, apart from one at work who has to speak occasionally, but I make sure that she is aware of how content I am with my life now, whether she believes it or not.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's indeed the best way to slap them in the face as it were, nothing undermines their confidence more than the idea that the ex dubs are not miserable because of having been cursed by jehovah and his organisation for having abandoned him. It's like giving them an invitation to also leave.

• material BOY
    material BOY

hi there, when my mother decided to go back to the meeting she was petrified of going in the hall on her own. you see i was going to be dropping her off outside, she begged me just to go in the hall with her and to take her seat. i said I'm only going to stop ten miuites.so then i got the best clothes out. slapped my fake tan on! i was done up to the eye balls, i looked a million dollars! my mother started to laugh she said were do you think your going??? i said mother! under no circumstances they going to say i have let my self go since leaving the truth!or owww cant you tell he is in satan's world!my mother laughed and said son you are right! i walked in the hall with a big smile confidant naturally!i sat there made sure they all got a good look at me then i left! i cant answer you apostate question coz im not sure if i am one lol!! im just living my life x

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

JWs are supposedly in their spiritual paradise right now. But in order for them to realize this it takes a heavy dose of prozac! No joke, most Jws are on some sort of depression medication. How very sad. I think that is why they seem so confused when we seem so happy!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Arthur
    Arthur

The prevailing view among Witnesses, is that when someone leaves the heavenly sanctuary of the Mother Ship, that their lives will just come apart at the seams. Somehow they believe that whenever someone leaves the org, they will fall to the ground, foaming at the mouth, their head spinning around, getting ravaged by demons.

But here's the conumdrum: when they see someone who has left the org, living a happy peaceful life; it screws with their head. How do they deal with this dissonance? They reason: "the demons are making them feel happy." Meanwhile, they still cling to the belief that their own suffering and depression is a sign of their righteous endurance. Talk about a schizophrenic mind salad.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

But here's the conumdrum: when they see someone who has left the org, living a happy peaceful life; it screws with their head. How do they deal with this dissonance? They reason: "the demons are making them feel happy." Meanwhile, they still cling to the belief that their own suffering and depression is a sign of their righteous endurance. Talk about a schizophrenic mind salad.

Dear Arthur,

You hit it right on the money! LOLOLO

L.L.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Exactly right Arthur. All jws are taught brainwashed into believing that there is no greater happiness that being part of their org, and when they come across one who seems to be genuinely happy to be away from it, they are at a loss to understand it.

It was seeing that Trev was so obviously happy to be away from the org that led to me getting out faster than I perhaps would have otherwise. I have known him for 15 years, and he couldn't have fooled me with a false display of happiness, I knew he was genuinely happier away from the org than he ever was in it, whilst I was in the org and yet very unhappy, as I was having doubts about whether it was the truth or not. He never said anything, he didn't have to. It was the way he acted, more than anything he could possibly have said, that set me on the road to researching the org, and eventually leaving it.

• skyking
    skyking

Every one is hoping to see trouble in my life so they can say see that is what happens

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Every one is hoping to see trouble in my life so they can say see that is what happens

This reminds me of what the Soviets used to do. They indoctrinated the people to be terrified of ever defecting to a democratic country; telling them that their lives would be horrible. When Russians did defect to a Western country, many of their former associates desperately hoped that they would be treated badly by their new friends, and be mired in poverty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit