My shunning mother called me....accidently

by restrangled 49 Replies latest jw friends

• 30girl
    30girl

Hang in there! Time is making things turn over in my moms head although she still talks to me like she's reading a script sometimes...talk about fear of MAN! Damn Borg!

• mama1119
    mama1119

So sorry to read that. Its sad for the both of you. Maybe she will slowly break down and can get past the WT shunning policy. She obviously loves you very much.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It was reassuring to know I was not the only one feeling deep sadness when I read this ......I thought it was just my PMS getting the best of me.

I have a hard knot in my throat.

I can't imagine anyone thinking it is ok to take this kind of joy that two people have and demand that it stop.

I hope your mom will continue to enjoy you.

We all can relate to the sadness and pain

purps

• mouthy
    mouthy

This is the sadest post ive read in along time........................it made me just break down............

Me too!!! I cry over so many that come on line. Isnt it wicked what they teach & to think we swallowed it hook line & sinker. The terrible thing is I made 10 people jws -now they have kids -& they have kids .God I wish I had never opened the door. 3 generations I corrupted

• Highlander
    Highlander
    I love you, and oh I am planning on a garage sale in a couple of months, if you want to put stuff in let me know. I call you then because thats business.

My first comment is this: I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine what it's like to be shunned by family.

My second comment: Is it by chance possible to start a small business with your mom? Perhaps a small ebay business selling her favorite crafts, hobby products, etc?

I don't think it would take much of a loophole to get your mom back in your life and in doing so it may get her to realize what an utter shame the shunning policy is.

Who cares if the small business didn't make any money or even failed in 6 months. By then, your mom would be accustomed to the contact and not want to give it up.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Mouthy,....

Out of all the posts I have read here, I kept thinking, what a great woman, mother, grandmother, etc. So I officially have adopted you in my life as a what ever you would like to be. I am 47 ....so you make up your own mind Will you help me here?

r.

r

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

I'm so sorry for BOTH of you. ((((((((R)))))))))

• deeskis
    deeskis

(((r)))

I cried, and was angry all over again reading your post. Yet I guess your mum had a nice conversation with you, didn't hang up on you, or say anything nasty...........so maybe she's coming round.

Best wishes

D

• skyking
    skyking

Makes my heart hurt.

• hopie
    hopie

I AM SO VERY SORRY YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS SUNNING WITH YOUR MOTHER? HOW HEARTBREAKING IT MUST BE FOR YOU.

THE ROLE WAS REVERSED FOR ME, MY DAUGHTER WASN'T ALLOWED TO TALK TO ME FOR 10 YEARS AND AFTER EVERY EFFORT ON MY PART TO CHANGE HER MIND. I CRIED ALL THE TIME, WISHING I COULD JUST HOLD HER IN MY ARMS. MY TEARS TURNED TO ANGER AND I WENT AFTER HER, IT TOOK TWO YEARS, BUT I GOT HER.

IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE LOVES YOU VERY MUCH, AND I AM SURE IT WILL EVENTUALLY TURN OUT OK FOR YOU. MY HEART IS WITH YOU.

THIS IS MY MISSION IN LIFE, TO USE MY BOOK TO HELP EXPOSE' THEM THROUGH THE NEWS MEDIA AND TALK SHOWS.

HOPIE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit