My shunning mother called me....accidently

by restrangled 49 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That was so sad. What a sad life she must lead that she doesn't have the freedom to talk to a daughter she obviously cares about. I hope that no tragedy has to touch her/your family for her to realize that you should come before a religion and that God asks no such thing of her that the Org does with impunity.

Your post made me want to cry for you and for her and for so many among us here.

Take care!

• earthtone
    earthtone

I'm crying at work. It's just so sad! I hope this is the start of something good. Maybe she will realize how much more her life is complete with you in it.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I'm sorry. I had tears in my eyes reading this, and I'm not one for tears.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I really understand this type of thing as far as how you feel. Back in 1998, after 6 years of not seeing my mom...she calls me out of the blue and tells me that she wants me to come visit her in Arizona, she was still a witness but having some marital problems with my dad. He wasn't going to be there for this long weekend. It was like a dream come true. She even bought me tickets! I was at work the day she called and left me a message stating that she cancelled the trip for me to come, she just felt too gulity about having me there because I was DFd. I WAS DEVESTATED. It hurt me so bad. I showed up to work the next day, and everyone was wondering what I was doing there, I told them. They all left me alone, but had flowers sent. They all knew (small office) how excited I was. I think they cried too. Very tough.

Happy ending though, 2 years later, my mom came to her senses and we reunited in 2000, and have been mom and daughter ever since. She has been DFd. She pays the price of guilt (she does it to hereself) because of the shunning being done towards me for 8 years. I am thankful now.

I am sorry you had to deal with that from your mom, I know it hurts. I hope she comes around.

Nikki

• restrangled
    restrangled

So many of you have been a support to me without your knowledge. Thank you all for your sympathy understanding, and support.

I have been sad since June when this shunning happened. I tend to gravitate between anger and bewilderment, but your supportive words, and your own posts have kept me on an even keel.

Thanks to all,

r.

• chiddy
    chiddy

Sad and sorry , similar crap here myself. My sister is married to an elder 2 kids seen them once , they live about 15 miles from me, get an email from my aunt today (non jw) and she says great to hear about your sisters new baby! I did not even know she was pregnant

• detective
    detective

It's so sad to hear that. It's just not right.

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I hope time improves your relationship.

• Scully
    Scully

It almost sounds like she planned to phone you, but wanted to make it sound like it was accidental.

I know you're feeling sad about it, but my JW mother hasn't phoned me, even accidentally, in over 9 years. I envy you.

• moshe
    moshe

Stuff like that makes me want to shake some sense into people. A Very,very sad story- I'll bet your Mom is hurting too over this- let's hope she's thinking about her actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit