My shunning mother called me....accidently

by restrangled 49 Replies latest jw friends

• earthtone
    earthtone

It almost sounds like she planned to phone you, but wanted to make it sound like it was accidental.

I was thinking the same thing! Or at least I hope.

What I can't figure out is why the are allowed to talk to worldly people but not us, their family!

Because my brother was never baptised he get's to do whatever and she (my mom) shakes her head and keeps on like nothing happened. She calls my aunts all the time, no big problem. Came to the family reunion a few weeks ago, no biggie. But me I say I don't want to go to the KH anymore, because their flip flopping policies are ridiculous and no phone call in 2 weeks! WTF, whatever!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What makes me sick is that tract about when a loved one leaves God (Watchtower). All that did was reinforce the shunning. I hope your mom calls accidently more often and maybe you can do the same.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That's just so incredibly sad, though an experience I can well empathise with

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Oh, ((((restrangled)))). Your conversation made me cry.

My first thought, as well, was that she called on purpose.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    What I can't figure out is why the are allowed to talk to worldly people but not us, their family!

I still can't figure out how they can go door to door, looking for heathens, while all these people who they rejected are in such pain, family or not.

Warlock

• Been there
    Been there

(((((Restrangled)))))

That just breaks my heart. So much love being wasted.

Maybe you could call her next week and ask for Julia

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    It almost sounds like she planned to phone you, but wanted to make it sound like it was accidental.

That's exactly what I was thinking.... hmmmm.... looks like a small "crack"...

• hambeak
    hambeak

That is so sad maybe subconciously she is trying to reach out to you. I hope that is the case I know how you feel as my mom disowned me and I found out about her death years later. It leaves a chasm in your heart. Be glad for the words she had for you maybe she will understand that love of family is what it is all about not some dominating org.

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry. Your mother must be dying inside from the roller coaster feelings of guilt and pain, guilt and pain.

What gets me is, some witnesses abide by this and others do not. They really are not united. I know of one family in the Hall I used to attend that had two daughters. Both were df'd. They always seemed to have some family "business" to attend to concerning them. This one needed to move back home for awhile, this one had car trouble, etc.

So some do not shun completely while others are willing to act like the df'd one no longer exists.

I still think this may contribute to the exodus of many from the organization in the future. How long can a parent shun a child who may have left as a teen or young adult?

It reminds me of the doctrine of hellfire where the person is punished for eternity with no chance the punishment will end.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear restrangled,

How very sad. I would take her up on that yard sale. Perhaps even sit there with her for a while. In fact if she will see you for business purposes, I would always be making up something to drop by on her with. Example: Avon, Pamper chef..etc.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit