JW wants to have a Bible study with me!

by moshe 39 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

It depends how "strong" you are and if you want to "save" them..................

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When someone is a JW it is like they are wearing their own personal pair of Watchtower Sunglasses™. They see the Bible and the world around them only as the Watchtower has revealed it. In order to make any progress at all, you have to help the person break through that way of thinking. How is this done? By showing him that the Watchtower has lied by using their own publications.
    Your statement is so true. When I was a friend I had my watchtower sunglasses on. What freed me was the lies that I realized they were telling about 1975 which affected my life adversely. So God bless 1975. At least in my life.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I first walked away in 1974, I never had any calls from elders for 9 years. Those elders asked if I had any questions and I gave them 10. They never called back and they never answered one of my questions. That was 23 years ago

Gary you have big kahoonas to walk away in1974. I take my hat off to you, fellow free thinker.

I have visited your web page and read it. excellent reading. I recommend to all to check it out.

Channel your writing into a more secular mass appeal vain you could be another Hemmingway.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Go for it moshe, you could have some fun, and you might plant a seed of doubt in their minds while you are doing it.

I almost feel sorry for those jws....only almost though

• elatwra
    elatwra

I think that if you do a couple of studies with them without saying much, they will think that the have you convinced.When they ask you how you like the book, tell them it's too simple and then step up your game and attack.

• sspo
    sspo

moshe

If you do study with them, see if you can have him explain by using just the bible how can Jesus be the mediator for just a few, 144k and not for mankind.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Please Oh Please call him. It would be soooo intersting to get his responsse on stuff!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Mosche,

Do as thou wilt is the whole of the law.

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks for the input everyone, I will go with asking for history/information on Jehovah's Witnesses first- I will put off their WT study books- no Bible references, just history. I doubt that he has much factual information on the org., so I will look into some Wikipedia printouts to discuss. Let's see how good of an actor I am.

• Mary
    Mary

Garybuss said: One problem I had was was the anonymous writing of abstract ideas in the literature that I was supposed to support without question

Now Gary, the answer to your question was right there all along in the Branch Organization Manual that no one outside of the Bethel is allowed to see:

50. CONFIDENTIALITY

: It is important that translators keep their work confidential. Apart from the responsible brothers and those involved in the project, others (including marriage mates and other Bethelites) do not need to know (a) what is being translated and (b) who is translating a particular item. No publication should ever be associated with a particular person. This is especially so in the case of Bible translators. This confidentiality protects both the organization and the translators.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit