JW wants to have a Bible study with me!

by moshe 39 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

I asked him why we had lake sediment cores in artic lakes that have yearly lines going back 10,000 years or more- wouldn't a flood have washed it all away? no answer.

He wants to have weekly study with me- gave me a book,etc. I asked him if I became a JW and found out something later that I didn't like, could I quit? No probem he told me. And I wouldn't be treated badly for quitting? "No" , he told me. " you can leave anytime you want", he said. His partner raised his eyes . I told them "I hope you're not lying to me" The older man when questioned told me he had two children who were JW's and two who had went a different direction. I'm guessing he doesn't speak to them.

What should Moshe do- Call him or not call ? He gave me their current Bible study book-"What does the Bible really teach?

• sandy
    sandy

I'd say call him and push the issues. Shunning / Disfellowhsipping / Blood. I hate when they lie and try an sugar-coat their "truths".

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

call him. You may be able to get him to rethink some of the things he is trying to teach you. Never underestimate thought provoking Q's. I had many a bible study or person at the door ask Q's I could not answer and while researching an answer I started to see the real light. Of course you have those who will be spooked away right off the bat, but you never know. Lilly

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Invite him over then open your door wearing just womans underwear

lol

• KW13
    KW13

do your thang' (not thong devilsnok')

• moshe
    moshe

If we have a discussion, it will be in the daytime at his home, while my wife is at work.. I will suggest that so that we can have access to his vast library of Bible references.

• zev
    zev

wipe your feet and move on.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Moshe,

thats good to suggest that it be at his home. I have had bible studies ask me to do it at my home because their spouse opposed and I obliged. Of course he may not - you will have to ask and see. You seem like a really intelligent guy so I know I don't have to say this but just think ahead of time about what you will ask and what proofs you want him to show. Tell him you don't want to be fooled so you want to check all the references he can show you from any books he has. Don't mention his library or he will be on to you. Lilly

• garybuss
    garybuss

If you don't want to study with them send em to me. I'd rather go round the mulberry bush with a Batman and Robin Jehovah's Witness team than go to the movies any day. The last pair that wanted to "study" with me didn't make it through the first study, and I was being nice to them.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Not a bad idea, but maybe, uh, go easy on the guy.
    Instead of seeking to refashion the guy into total skeptic reach for skeptical of the organization first.
    Maybe it's just me, but losing one's religion in a day is a little tough to take.

But yeah, why not? You could save a life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit