Telephone Telapathy

by lonelysheep 43 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes it has happened to me and to other people as they told me, and for a long time now I believe that this process of thought or feeling transference is real.

The human mind is a system that's open to the rest of the world.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Personally, I think the "scientist" was just trying to get noticed.

What the study didn't say was that the people set up different ring tones for specific individuals...

• calico
    calico

It happened to me! I picked up the phone to call my grandma and there she was! The phone had not even rung! What makes it strange is that we never called each other! Sounds terrible, but we saw them almost every weekend!

• mama1119
    mama1119

It does happen alot, but it also doesn't happen alot. I don't buy it.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Its possible that there are many mysteries that we dont fully understand about our exhistence.

• badboy
    badboy

I READ AN ARTICLE ABOUT IT,THINK IT COINCIDENCE,SIMPLY MY INPUT.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Personally, I think the "scientist" was just trying to get noticed.

Show me one experiment by Robert Sheldrake with notable results, and I'll show you the flaws in how the experiment was constructed. He fails to prove one thing (telephone/email telepathy) and then he's moving onto something else (mobile phone text message telepathy). Why not do more conclusive research on the original findings - reason being (IMO) that more conclusive research would destroy the results.

Its possible that there are many mysteries that we dont fully understand about our exhistence.

That's true. But mysteries are by definition mysterious because we don't understand them, and you can't make conclusions (e.g. telepathy) from a position of not understanding.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2
    It happened to me! I picked up the phone to call my grandma and there she was! The phone had not even rung! What makes it strange is that we never called each other! Sounds terrible, but we saw them almost every weekend!

That's not at all strange. It might be strange if it happened to you every day, or every week even - assuming average rates of receiving phone calls, diversity of callers etc.

• Moomin
    Moomin

I just think its because you don't remember the times that you have thought of someone and they havent called.

Or maybe its just because nobody likes me

• Moomin
    Moomin

I watched an experiment once about someone visiting a medium. For the whole hour the medium would say things about the person that were completely incorrect. Except one thing. The customer got excited when the medium was finally right about something and couldn't wait to tell everyone.

She soon forgot about all the other things that were so wrong. I guess it was because she just wanted to believe rather than weighing up the evidence.

Some members of my family are into visiting mediums as they gain so much comfort from it. I guess it makes people feel like they have more control over things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit