Telephone Telapathy

by lonelysheep 43 Replies latest jw friends

• skyking
    skyking

I do not know how this thread has become about me. I will restate it.

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT TELAPATHY> But I will not close my mind to it.

READ MY POSTS.

My wife really believes this big time and we are always talking about it. People be balanced do not be fanatics. Many people are on this site to only throw stones at anyone that thinks differently than he or she.

• skyking
    skyking

OUTCH!!! that hurt. Damn it who threw that stone.

It must of came from someone on JWD that is much smarter than me.

• skyking
    skyking

Here is a quot form the Skeptical Inquirer magazine : March/April 1996 it says this about Remote Viewing

Most of these purveyors of psychic myths should not be taken seriously. However, when one of the persons making extreme claims is Jessica Utts, who is a professor of statistics at the University of California at Davis, this is another matter. Utts has impressive credentials and she marshals the evidence for her case in an effective way. So it is important to look at the basis for what I believe are extreme claims, even for a parapsychologist. Here is what Utts writes in her report on the Stargate program: Using the standards applied to any other area of science, it is concluded that psychic functioning has been well established. The statistical results of the studies examined are far beyond what is expected by chance. Arguments that these results could be due to methodological flaws in the experiments are soundly refuted.

The above is an exsact quote so Skeptic2 take that. under_believer take that. while you are reading this think really fast and make forsure you get nasty in your reply OK.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Our memories are often inaccurate.

This is a point made at the Amazon page for the book Skeptic referenced. I read recently that when we remember something, the memory is copied into the hippocampus, referenced by the consciousness, AND THEN WRITTEN BACK to wherever it was. In effect, remembering something gives you the chance to change the memory. So next time you recall it, you recall the changed version.

Maybe it's true, maybe it ain't. But it sure would explain why two people remember details of the same event so differently, and why people at times recall things that they themselves know are impossible.

"Don't believe everything you think"? Hell, I don't believe half of what I see. (Sounds like a worthwhile read, BTW! Thanks for the recommendation!)

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit