Telephone Telapathy

by lonelysheep 43 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060905/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_britain_telepathy

Has anyone ever experienced this? I have, as well as with emails and especially text messages.

Do you think there's any chance this could be real-that there is a valid, unspoken connection between people who reach out to each other?

• KW13
    KW13

haha yeh i've had it happen but i dunno if its me being weird or an actual thing...

• Moomin
    Moomin

I've heard its because you only remember the times where you had been thinking of someone who had then got in touch, but you don't remember all the times you had thought of someone who doesn't get in touch. Moomin

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

This isn't news, it's just fluff.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2
    I've heard its because you only remember the times where you had been thinking of someone who had then got in touch, but you don't remember all the times you had thought of someone who doesn't get in touch. Moomin

That's called counting the hits and forgetting the misses.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    This isn't news, it's just fluff.

Lol! I'm not convinced it's real. But, I am curious about everyone's experiences.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

It happens to me all the time. Phone calls, emails, and especially text messages. As far as text messages, we say the same things at the same time alot. I think thats just cause we know the person well. It is weird when your thinking about someone, and they call.

I had a friend which we lost touch about 7 years ago, and we both moved to different states. About 2 months ago, I was thinking about her, and tried looking her up on the net. No luck. The next night she called me! That one was strange to me.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Probability pretty much guarantees that everyone will have experienced this effect (except those with either no phones, no friends, or both).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have telephone telepathy to a degree. I once picked up the phone and my friend was there even before the phone rang.

I once knew somebody who was visually impaired and she always knew when the phone was going to ring.

LHG

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

What I don't like is when I'm thinking of someone who I don't want to be bothered with, and they end up calling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit