telling lies

by happyone 23 Replies latest jw friends

• happyone
    happyone

Neighbors of mine have been spreading some unkind untruths about me and I'm not sure what I can do about it. I'm struggling and would love some words of insight from others. There are days when I'd like to sink to their level and tell some lies of my own, but I know that's not the way to go. Anyone with some helpful thoughts?

• carla
    carla

A little more info? Are they jw's? If so, it is not suprising. jw's are taught to lie when it suits them. They lie and use God's name to justify it.

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME, HAPPYONE!

No one should be able to tell lies about you, and if you have proof (witnesses) you could warn your neighbours that you'll take legal action for defamation if they do not cease.

I don't tell lies and I don't expect others to, either.

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi happyone, and welcome to the forum.

If, like me, you are an ex jehovahs witness, then you should expect to be lied about, in my experience it's par for the course when you leave.

However, no one likes to be the subject of untrue rumours. Have you evidence of who is spreading these lies? If so, you could confront them, or even seek recourse via the courts. People usually back off when legal action is mentioned.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck

Linda

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I would ignore them. Those who tell lies and those who listen to them are just small minded people . Continue to live your life well and others will see the goodness it that.

Also remember you are looking at just a few people and forgetting about the many who don't listen or haven't heard these lies. Try concentrating on the good things and people in your life not the slimy ones.

Karma also does wonders!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What kind of lies? Real or fake.

• moshe
    moshe

Sometimes, the only solution is to move. We're Jewish and live in a Jewish neighborhood . My wife just would not feel comfortable being the only house with a Menorah in the front window during Hannukah. She has experienced anti-semitism during her life and just doesn't want to have to deal with narrow-minded neighbors. You choose the battles that are important.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    What kind of lies? Real or fake.

That is quite profound. Really.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Some ideas;

1. Write swear words in their yard with fertilizer
    2. Burn their house down
    3. Slash their tires
    4. Shave their dog
    5. Shave their kid
    6. Put grease under the door handles of their car
    7. Poop in the mailbox
    8. Pee through the mail slot
    9. Put a piranha in their goldfish pond
    10. Hook a high pressure air line up to their septic drain and blast their house full of crap!
    11. Run the hose into the dryer vent

It all depends on what the lie was... WE NEED MORE INFO!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Shave their kid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit