telling lies

by happyone 23 Replies latest jw friends

• happyone
    happyone

They neighbors are JW. They're telling others that I've been engaging in promiscuous activity in my pool. It's just not true, but they're trying to make me look bad.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi Happyone

I'm sorry to hear whats happening, it must be really hurtful and frustrating. I like bikerchic's advice to continue to live your life well. It's hard not to be affected by other people's bad behaviour but you have to try and not let it burden you as you are only responsible for what comes out of your mouth.

Moomin

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Hi Happyone!

Whom are they telling? Other JWs, or just anyone? Were or are you a JW? Believe me, if they are telling just anyone, and you are not a JW, chances are they will be looked upon as busybody crackpots.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Actually, shaving their kid would be really funny.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Are you a JW, too?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    They neighbors are JW. They're telling others that I've been engaging in promiscuous activity in my pool. It's just not true, but they're trying to make me look bad.

oMG...I am so sorry. That is your pool? I did not know that was your pool! hehe.

Really though. I am sorry peeps are doing the creeps on you. sometimes it can get to a person. What may help is trying not to give a damn about what they think.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome happyone

That situation blows. I would confront the rumour monger, say your piece and tell them to kiss your a$$, lol.

Turning the other cheek to these type will only get it slapped as well. Don't take no crap or lies. Expose it at the source.

Then ignore them and whoever listens to 'em. Ignorant and small minded people.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hello and welcome

• Honesty
    Honesty

Any attorney will be more than willing to send them a 'cease and desist' letter outlining your legal rights to these Watchtowerites for less than $100.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

didn't Jesus address that question?

Something to the effect "happy are you when people........."

Also try informing them that lies are too much work to try to remember and keep straight...truth is much easier and less time consuming...truth is memories...lies are dreams and most time nightmares they are designing for themselves in the long term scheme of things.

Hope this helps..

Keep us posted ok....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit