Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin - DEAD!!!

by misspeaches 52 Replies latest social current

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Hardly a surprising end. If you provoke wild animals for long enough, sooner or later you're going to suffer for it. I always thought it would be a crocodile, though. But maybe people will learn from people like Steve Irwin and "Grizzly Man" Timothy Treadwell that loving nature includes respecting its dangers.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Wow...just turned on the news to see this! How sad! I can't believe it! I loved the energy this guy had and the passion he had for the animals and his work. sammieswife

• nelly136
    nelly136

always thought he was unlikely to reach retirement age, shame tho

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

How sad.

I always admired him because he seemed like such a wonderful husband and father. I can't imagine what his family must be going through right now.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I saw the word larrikin in a couple of the articles linked here, so for people like me who had no idea what it meant:

Definitions of larrikin on the Web:

• Larrikinism is the name given to the Australian folk tradition of irreverence, mockery of authority and disregard for rigid norms of propriety. Larrikinism often, but not always, includes elements of self-deprecating humour. The Australian English word "larrikin", of uncertain etymology, arose to describe an individual who possesses these characteristics or behavioural traits.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larrikin

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I just found out. I haven't told my kids yet, they really liked him. I did too.

Oh, his poor wife and kids.

RIP Steve Irwin

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Very sad, he was a brave man

• nelly136
    nelly136

Blimey some of these ad thingies are quick off the mark to cash in.

Steve Irwin T-shirt

Crocodile Hunter on a T-shirt! Remember the Legend.

• Mary
    Mary

I felt really bad when I heard this on CNN this morning.......I always thought a croc was going to get him in the end......While he definitely tempted fate on many occassions, you couldn't help but like the guy. He was so upbeat and enthusiastic about his work and he really loved the animals......

I feel for his poor wife and kids.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The world is a poorer place without him. It's a strange way for him to die.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit