Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin - DEAD!!!

by misspeaches 52 Replies latest social current

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

This just in:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead
    September 04, 2006 02:14pm

THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said. It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that's when it occured.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

Such sad news....

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I always felt this guy was pushing the envelope...it was only a matter of time. Very sad.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Very sad. He was amazing in the lengths he would go to. Pure insanity. Yes he did push it a bit. Still I am sorry to see he has died. But what a way to live!!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Oh he definately lived life on the edge. But he really was genuinally concerned about the welfare of animals. His profits went a lot to the care of them. He helped with Australian tourism too.

I feel sorry for his wife and children that are left behind.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

OMG...I just can't believe this! I'm in shock....this is sooooo sad!

Swalker

• blondie
    blondie

I always remember when that frilled lizard went for his nose.

So sad, especially for his kids.

Blondie

• Satans little helper
  • penny2
    penny2

That's shocking! And according to the news, his wife didn't know yet. She's climbing a mountain in Tassie.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

that sucks.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

That is SO horrible!! I can only imagine the anguish his wife and family are going through this very minute. It appears this JUST happened.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit