Crocodile Hunter - Steve Irwin - DEAD!!!

by misspeaches 52 Replies latest social current

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

It's a funny world is'nt it , when on one hand this guy shows the world some amazing animals and how he handles them all the time even when they probably don't want it ,and yet here in Australia the other conservationist people are banned from getting within too many metres of whales in our oceans for fear of upsetting them! Whose got the right values?

It's sad to hear of anyone dying such a death ,but maybe it's a good time to reflect on how the world views everything on this planet.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The news broke right when my flight from Ayres Rock landed in Sydney, and heard about it in the taxi from the airport. Very sad! I always loved watching the guy and I feel for his kids, especially Bob who is only 3. He was so young and always so full of life.

I've certainly thought a lot about him along my way here over the past few weeks.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

I think that I am still in shock. Especially after hearing that it was only the second or third time in the last hundred years that anyone in Oz has died as a result of a stingray encounter..

The kid in me loved waking up to his show on Saturday mornings, & will miss watching him face those nasty critters with such skill & confidence.

Peace, Croc Man

DR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit