Could you or would you ever....

by beautifulisfree 45 Replies latest jw friends

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Go back to the Kingdumb hall?? Even for someones wedding or a loved ones funeral?

• Dansk
    Dansk

This is a recurring question and I'll give you my recurring answer:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I had to go back east for my dad's funeral (if you want to call it that) at the knigdumb hall, I attended while growing up...

Of course, I went on my terms (ya'll know what I look like )

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Having just left the JWs, and with many family members still in, some quite elderly, I really don't know. I would find it difficult to cope with the inevitable shunning, so probably not.

• Finally-Free
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Went a few weeks ago for a funeral. Other than that, NO!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

No. Not for any reason. Sorry, not even for funerals. I don't really consider any still alive that I knew as friends anyway. Lilly

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Nope, in fact my little sister just got married in March but since it was in a KH I just couldn't do it. Just the thought made me feel sick to my stomache. It wasn't in town here but there were alot of people there who we grew up with.

• nelly136
    nelly136

i went in my last kingdom hall a few years back when i was dragged out of mothballs for a wedding, i vowed then never again and i'm sticking to that.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I don't think I would. I mean I haven't in over 20 years so that should be a good sign. Even for a wedding or a funeral who would want to go somewhere where you know they are goingt to treat you like crap. The thought of going back for any reason makes me want to hurl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit